Slight shake

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've updated to software version 1.2 - things have improved significantly since then. No more floppy gimbal.

I do see a noticeable shake on my videos. Any idea what this is due too?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thank you for your response,
Lucas

Hi guys,

I've updated to software version 1.2 - things have improved significantly since then. No more floppy gimbal.

Lucas
Hi Lucas,
Welcome to 3DRPilos,

Can't view your video from my slow connection, but thing's that can cause slight vibrations are:

Props need balancing.
Wind.
Wires touching Gimbal insulators after instillation of gimbal.

They may be more reasons for minor shaking .
These forums are filled with advice on "how to's" fixing these problems.

Almost everyone has a little shake, but try to take your video at low speeds & set your gimbal speed to slow. also when panning, go slow.
See other video's how they slowly "Frame" there shots.

Hope this helps.

Hi guys,

Lucas

that footage was very smooth, Id be very happy w results like that.
I'd just it run through some stabilization software and you won't notice it's even there.
There's the ProDad stablilizer than Ian sells here, works great and runs independently of any
big bulky program, there is also warp stabilizer for adobe premiere/after effects.

Either way take the advice given by Steve and get your props balanced first ( this was my issue for the longest time ) and you should be good to go. Worst case scenario I saw someone on the forums talking about an anit-vibration but I haven't read into it yet.

Good luck and again welcome.

I am emailing with another member with the same problem. He is on gimbal #4 so I don't think that is it. Next on the list is an aftermarket HDMI cable as he has a hard time keeping the factory stiff one in place.

Keep us posted with your results. As others said great scenery. Too bad there is stabilization issues.

Reactions: ahdsr
I watched the video on full screen and got to say I think it was very stable and looked great. If you are expecting it to be better than that I don't know what to tell you. I could be wrong, but I think you would even get those very tiny micro shakes using a $15,000 heavy lifter, gimbal, and Red camera. Expecting to get absolutely perfectly stable video from a flying machine is not going to happen. If you want it smoother it's a very easy fix in post which should be part of your workflow anyway. So what 1264_Solo said. Again, I think it looks great as is.

that footage was very smooth, Id be very happy w results like that.
I'd just it run through some stabilization software and you won't notice it's even there.
There's the ProDad stablilizer than Ian sells here, works great and runs independently of any
big bulky program, there is also warp stabilizer for adobe premiere/after effects.

Either way take the advice given by Steve and get your props balanced first ( this was my issue for the longest time ) and you should be good to go. Worst case scenario I saw someone on the forums talking about an anit-vibration but I haven't read into it yet.

Good luck and again welcome.

Thank you, will try balancing the props first.

Reactions: 1264_Solo
I am emailing with another member with the same problem. He is on gimbal #4 so I don't think that is it. Next on the list is an aftermarket HDMI cable as he has a hard time keeping the factory stiff one in place.

Keep us posted with your results. As others said great scenery. Too bad there is stabilization issues.

Will keep you updated guys, thanks - mind you I did have some gusts of wind that day.

Thank you for your responses. I will try balancing the props and get back to you too see if the issue persists. It may not be an issue as some of you have stated. I did a night flight where this shake wasn't as visible and I'm guessing that was due to the fact that wind was almost non existent.

Have you found a solution yet? The shakes are killing me!

Have you found a solution yet? The shakes are killing me!

So I bought the Du-Bro Balancer (DU-BRO Tru-Spin Prop Balancer #1 | Tech Tip Videos | Du-Bro Products, Inc.) and made a quick attempt at balancing the props. What I mean by quick is they weren't perfectly balanced - I used the tape technique, and was a bit impatient. I'll probably end up sanding the props when I get around to it for a perfect balance.

I've only had one opportunity to take the drone out for a flight, it was a night time flight with fairly low wind conditions.

After reviewing the video, it seemed like I wasn't getting any shake, although that could be due to the fact that it was a night recording, not as much light and detail hitting the lens therefore the shake was less visible.

Planning on doing another flight tomorrow, will let you know how it goes.

L

Reactions: Projeffrey11
I have the same balancer. I have balanced all my props by sanding but the shake is still the same. I just removed and re-installed my gimbal today with a few tricks and mods to the wiring so I am also planning to fly tomorrow and see if it is improved. Keep me posted!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M