Slight gimbal roll during slow orbit.

Reaction score
Hi, another dumb question. But my gimbal has a slight roll during orbit and yaw manoeuvres. Is this normal? Do I need to balance my gimbal further (recommended weights already added). Maybe increase Gimbal speed? Thanks for the help.

Is the roll in one particular direction of yaw? Is it a full roll of the camera or just a horizon type tilt? Using any filters or other items that add weight to the overall gimbal? Could you provide an example video for what you are describing.

If you are using only the factory required weights for the given stock GP model install, then I would suggest a calibration be performed. Plenty of threads here describing this procedure. Seems this has remedied many issues for others.

I fly orbit type maneuvers often and only encounter a roll when making a very quick maneuver at speed. This is an expected reaction and recovery is quick once a "normal" flight resumes.

Rolls in both directions depending on which way its moving... so rolling left while yawing right....on extremely slow orbits. Its an horizon tilt...slight but definitely there. No filters just sunshade.

I'd recommend a level calibration, seems to help many. Hopefully others will chime in to offer their experiences in resolving similar issues.

Was just trying to broaden the understanding for what hardware you had...

Hi Hobo- welcome to the forum! No dumb questions here.:)
Not sure what's causing your problem but it's not normal.
If the level calibration doesn't help, it might need to be replaced.
Sounds like the motors are not keeping up in offsetting the movements of Solo.

Cheers guys. Appreciate the help. I'll fly again tomorrow and try to post pics with before and after level calibration. I just did one the other day as the motors started screaming and the gimbal was flopping about. Contacted support and this helped the immediate problem but not sure about the horizon until I fly again. (All cables were clear of pan motor and gimbal, just so you know ;) )

Reactions: RichWest
Did a compass Calibration today.....It may have helped. Horizon looks level on initial inspection. More flights needed to confirm.

Hi, another dumb question. But my gimbal has a slight roll during orbit and yaw manoeuvres. Is this normal? Do I need to balance my gimbal further (recommended weights already added). Maybe increase Gimbal speed? Thanks for the help.

Can we see it? All the suggestions have been great, but maybe if we saw it, we might be more helpful.

Just a suggestion

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M