Single Line Survey?

I need a little help. I am planning a street survey mission for a city street department. It is 1.6 miles of city street I want to capture.

I have a 3dr solo and I just really need to fly the center of the road and take pictures so I get 60 to 70% picture overlap. I've used the survey feature in QGroundControl, Tower, and Solex with good results. Solex is easiest for me to geotag the pictures which will be important. However, I just need a "single line" survey. I don't need to make multiple passes, I only want to take a survey one picture wide.

I could drop waypoints and set the GoPro to take a picture every 2 seconds, but I'd like to have the camera triggered to get more precise and easier geotagging.

I feel like there is a simple solution and I'm missing it. Thanks for any assistance. - Seth

View attachment 7209

What I would do is set the waypoints to fly like you want them, and then put a "Camera Trigger" action on the waypoint where you want to start taking pictures. Set the trigger distance to whatever you want (e.g. 20 ft, 10 ft, etc) and then put another Camera Trigger action on the waypoint where you want it to stop taking pictures. Set its trigger distance to 0, and it will stop taking pictures at that point. So you get the same camera triggering effect you would on a survey, but just along one line vs a lawnmower-type pattern. When you're done, you can see the pictures in the flight log, and you can geotag them.

Thanks,
Kelly

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo