Simple method to use your existing LiPo charger with Solo

Reaction score
I know it has been mentioned more then once on this forum (buried deep within a thread), but I thought I'd share the technique I'm using to charge my Solo batteries with my Hitec X4 Eighty LiPo charger.
I simply cut my stock charger leads and inserted XT60 connectors inline. This way I can use my Hitec or the stock chargers with the stock Molex battery connectors. Simple technique, very inexpensive and provides flexibility.
Like others on this forum, I wanted to be able to charge more than one battery at a time and at the full 1C (5.2A) rate. The Molex connectors are kinda pricy (and hard to find), and the modified wall plug technique looks like an accident waiting to happen.
Another bonus of using a proper LiPo charger (Accucell 4 button or similar) is you can monitor the charge rate and see how much energy your battery accepted during a charge.
385c5c93f5a9804f2b9ef021a3122a33.jpg
2a6ae2775eaf2634393b46ca144efde3.jpg
30d6ad9d19eafcd9868f650fc15c9165.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is a great Idea. I did this, but the battery is shutting down before a full charge. I started at 5.2A, then lowered it after the first brownout to 4A, then to 3A, still no love. I've got a Thunder AC6 charger. Even at 5.2A setting, the max it was ever putting out was 3.2A. Any idea's?

At me the discharge stops at 12.8 amperes. To get an additional 2 minutes of flight time, you need to lower to 12.1 amps. I can not go down to 12.1

This is a great Idea. I did this, but the battery is shutting down before a full charge. I started at 5.2A, then lowered it after the first brownout to 4A, then to 3A, still no love. I've got a Thunder AC6 charger. Even at 5.2A setting, the max it was ever putting out was 3.2A. Any idea's?
Not sure why you are having trouble getting your battery to take a full charge. Have you tried any other Solo batteries?
The Smart Battery electronics are managing the charge, and decide when it is "full". I have 7 Solo batteries, and they all work perfectly with my HiTec charger.

CHARGES ME EXCELLENTLY! It is sometimes necessary to do compulsory discharge, preferably to 12.1 volts
At me stops on 12.8 volts, further does not go further, the discharger announces to me that the end of discharge

Hi there, try using the auto setting on the AC6 :)

I have SKYRC Imax B6 mini and in the discharge section there is no such parameter

I expose these values when discharging
LiPo DISCHARGE
2.0A 14.8V(4S)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421