Severe vibration

I have no Moongel in mine, and the ribbon cable only changed the nature of my vibrations, it did not reduce them.
If I ever tear it down again, I am considering putting the stock cable back but stripped

Zooming you are going to have problems period. You are going to have to post stabilize some footage no way around it. And that requires skill. two if the shots in this video need to redone because my warp stabilize settings are off and introducing more vibration than the original footage had

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This video is with no stabilization at all flying new unbalanced APC props. Note the wind in this video.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
So it sounds like you are a step ahead of me on a few possible fixes, and maybe you have answered questions regarding some of the things I was going to try next. I haven't switched to the ribbon cable, but it sounds like your results were less than you had hoped for? And my next step was that I was planning on upgrading my Adobe CC membership to include Premier so that I could utilize warp stabilize. But you have had issues there too? The most noticeable shake that I saw in your video was the close-up building shot from 1:22-1:28. Is that the shake that warp stabilize introduced? Or was that Solo shake? And finally, I think you may have a similar lens mod to mine if I remember correctly. I am using a 5.4mm rectilinear. I am starting to wonder if that level of magnification is just too much for the stability of Solo. I would hate to go back to the standard lens and its fisheye effect, but I was considering that maybe an in-between focal length might help. I feel like I'm slowly reaching the conclusion that it is just the best that it's going to get, but I still check here from time to time to see if there's any new revelation. I'm still hoping for 3DR to release upgraded motors. I feel like that could be the answer.

Reactions: Solo Keith
So it sounds like you are a step ahead of me on a few possible fixes, and maybe you have answered questions regarding some of the things I was going to try next. I haven't switched to the ribbon cable, but it sounds like your results were less than you had hoped for? And my next step was that I was planning on upgrading my Adobe CC membership to include Premier so that I could utilize warp stabilize. But you have had issues there too? The most noticeable shake that I saw in your video was the close-up building shot from 1:22-1:28. Is that the shake that warp stabilize introduced? Or was that Solo shake? And finally, I think you may have a similar lens mod to mine if I remember correctly. I am using a 5.4mm rectilinear. I am starting to wonder if that level of magnification is just too much for the stability of Solo. I would hate to go back to the standard lens and its fisheye effect, but I was considering that maybe an in-between focal length might help. I feel like I'm slowly reaching the conclusion that it is just the best that it's going to get, but I still check here from time to time to see if there's any new revelation. I'm still hoping for 3DR to release upgraded motors. I feel like that could be the answer.
Also, in the meantime, you might check out ProDrenalin. I use it to remove fisheye and stabilize. $49 and you can download a free demo.
ProDRENALIN | ProDrenalin<span style="vertical-align: 25%;"><font size="4"><sup>™</sup></font></span>

Reactions: pyrate
Second vote for ProDrenalin/Mercalli.
It's MUCH better than the warp in Premiere, and you won't see the softening that is common with Premiere's built in stabilizer.

Also, in the meantime, you might check out ProDrenalin. I use it to remove fisheye and stabilize. $49 and you can download a free demo.
ProDRENALIN | ProDrenalin<span style="vertical-align: 25%;"><font size="4"><sup>™</sup></font></span>

Another option to consider is Corel VideoStudio X9 Ultimate. I have been using Corel products since the late 80s or early 90s. Their latest Videostudio version is just $79 and includes the Mercalli plug-in for using it in the editor. Also has some great features and it is well laid out and easy to use. Also includes the new H.265 import/export options.
Video Software - VideoStudio X9 Family

Reactions: Maddog

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anomaly.Filmworks