Samsung Tablet Pro

Reaction score
I have searched the forums and came up with the Tab S and Tab Pro as valid choices for using the Tower App.

Please share recommendations and personal experiences for/with these tablets. I am going Droid after a very long and "fruitful" relationship with Apple and the iPad.

I have Tab S coming in today. I always have been a big fan of Apple and have a couple of iPads and an Iphone but Tower functionality is important. The best price I could find was (wifi only) from Walmart online for $297.

So I have been using a Nexus 7 up to now as I had if before I bought the Solo. But I wanted a bigger screen so I bought this 9" King Pad for $65 on Amazon. I have not tested it too much as my bird was sent back to 3DR for HDMI connection issues. But I thought this was a great price for a 9" screen. Probably not the quality of a Samsung but will be fine as a dedicated FPV screen.

How's the fit in Solo's mount? My iPad Mini seems to fit just fine but I think anything larger might make the controller a bit awkward.

I just put a Galaxy tab Pro on my TX and it works without issue. Mounts in the bracket with room to spare.

Guys look at the next book ares 8 at Walmart works great for me, installed tower app plus it caches maps. Save yourself a few hundred dollars.

Nice find and it looks like it runs Vanilla Android. Did you have to sideload the app since its not on the device support list?

Nice find and it looks like it runs Vanilla Android. Did you have to sideload the app since its not on the device support list?

Yes had no problem installing it, just had to make minor adjustments allowing all apps to install in security settings. Actually it runs Lollipop 5.0, and is very quick. 8” tablet. No choppy videos whether I watch netflix on it or when streaming from youtube to my flatscreen The money I saved will go towards the gimbal. Am not one to follow the herd. I had originally bought this just for my Solo, but have been having too much fun playing games on it. As I said earlier, it works great with my solo. No app crashing or screen locking up so far.

Guys look at the next book ares 8 at Walmart works great for me, installed tower app plus it caches maps. Save yourself a few hundred dollars.
Thanks, I will investigate the Next Book 8, sounds like a worthy option for running Tower on the Solo. I assume when flying you do not have an internet connection on the tablet? Does that create any problems for piloting the Solo?

Just FYI, I have the NEXUS 7 and it has been flawless. It has GPS and tower loads no problems.

I own both an LG 8" G pad and the Nexus 7 (2013) and use the Nexus 7 for it's brighter screen. No complaints on it thus far.

Not a problem when flying solo using tower, I always have my iPhone 6 plus that I can use as a hotspot and hasn’t been interfering with the controller. I would highly suggest getting an anti glare/anti fingerprint guard on amazon for about $7 for the Nextbook Ares 8, which is great in bright sunshine, plus you don’t have to buy or create those dumb looking cardboard cutouts. Next Book is just as bright as my iPad 2 Air. It doesn’t feel like a cheap knock off at all. Very solid, and fast.It’s half the price of the Lexus 7, and $300 less than an iPad mini 3 which are great tablets as well, however I already spent enough on my solo. Ps the Next Book, was released in early 2015, and is running the latest android processor Lollipop. Like I said I don’t follow the herd, just did a little homework. Am going to stop on my sales pitch going forward, just trying to share my experience with others.

Not a problem when flying solo using tower, I always have my iPhone 6 plus that I can use as a hotspot and hasn’t been interfering with the controller. I would highly suggest getting an anti glare/anti fingerprint guard on amazon for about $7 for the Nextbook Ares 8, which is great in bright sunshine, plus you don’t have to buy or create those dumb looking cardboard cutouts. Next Book is just as bright as my iPad 2 Air. It doesn’t feel like a cheap knock off at all. Very solid, and fast.It’s half the price of the Lexus 7, and $300 less than an iPad mini 3 which are great tablets as well, however I already spent enough on my solo. Ps the Next Book, was released in early 2015, and is running the latest android processor Lollipop. Like I said I don’t follow the herd, just did a little homework. Am going to stop on my sales pitch going forward, just trying to share my experience with others.

Was looking for an android tab for tower. So thanks for the heads up on the Ares 8.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44