Revert to older version of Solo FW possible?

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Searched the title phrase, but could not find anything in here.

Is it possible to flash solo back to a previous version of the firmware, namely 2.3?

I found 2.3 way more dependable.

Thanks for your input!

Hi,
Yes it is possible but I've not tried it myself. Its not a simple process, you'll need to basically build up a machine with the dev kit on it. From there one of the commands is to flash the firmware to the version you are after. If you have a linux machine or linux VM this will be much easier.

Have a read of: https://dev.3dr.com/starting-utils.html

Like I said it's not a simple process that I know of. Not sure if there are any other ways.

Chris

Hi,
Yes it is possible but I've not tried it myself. Its not a simple process, you'll need to basically build up a machine with the dev kit on it. From there one of the commands is to flash the firmware to the version you are after. If you have a linux machine or linux VM this will be much easier.

Have a read of: https://dev.3dr.com/starting-utils.html

Like I said it's not a simple process that I know of. Not sure if there are any other ways.

Chris
Hi Chris,

Thanks for the link to some info on this!

I appreciate the help.

It would be awesome if there is a windows based flashing tool like for cell phones!

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the link to some info on this!

I appreciate the help.

It would be awesome if there is a windows based flashing tool like for cell phones!
No probs, you can use cygwin on windows so it is very possible to use windows, just easier on Linux, particularly if you have it setup already.....

If you don't have a linux machine laying around, go with the cygwin suggestion on the site.

Reactions: Andrew McCuaig
No probs, you can use cygwin on windows so it is very possible to use windows, just easier on Linux, particularly if you have it setup already.....

If you don't have a linux machine laying around, go with the cygwin suggestion on the site.
Thanks man!

Hi folks,

Is it possible to flash solo back to a previous version of the firmware, namely 2.3?

Thanks for your input!
yep i agree 2.3 is more stable

Reactions: hobo solo
I wish there was a step by step on how to do this. I am so busy with work that I'm having a lot of difficulty finding the time to learn this from 0.

Hi folks,

Thanks for your input!

also keep in mind that solo isn't a laptop. on a laptop if you stay on the previous version (i.e. yosemite) and don't upgrade to el capitan, you don't get all the bug fixes that come with el capitan. no harm, no foul because your laptop isn't flying in the sky. with a drone if you refuse to update firmware you run the risk of still being subject to bugs that was fixed in new versions. the risk here with a drone is that it is flying.

i think that the perception that 2.4 has a lot of issues is false. i beta tested 2.4 and there were bugs that were resolved and some things that couldn't be fixed in time such as the use of efk2. and i'm flying 2.4 on two different solos and i don't have any issues. yes there are some omissions that some may perceive as bugs. for instance in hemisphere pano you can't change any settings. this isn't a bug. this is by design. it is only perceived as a bug because 3dr stupidly released new functionality without any instructions. even today, the manual still hasn't been updated.

Reactions: fpvsteve
I suppose you're right Frank, I guess I'm just a little paranoid.. I do however have issues where my GPH4BLK will no start and shutdown with Solo and sometimes no video feed either until I power cycle the camera while Solo is booted. I thought this might be related to the latest update as it only started after I updated!

I suppose you're right Frank, I guess I'm just a little paranoid.. I do however have issues where my GPH4BLK will no start and shutdown with Solo and sometimes no video feed either until I power cycle the camera while Solo is booted. I thought this might be related to the latest update as it only started after I updated!
That's an indicator either the GP connection is poor or the data cable to gimbal has issues. What you said is something related to the GP connector, rather any hdmi related issues.

Considering all the issues people are having with 2.4, me included; it would be nice for 3DR to provide a simpler roll back method!

Reactions: Andrew McCuaig

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc