Returns to 3dr.

Reaction score
Anyone else have this happen to them?? I purchased a Solo directly from 3dr a couple weeks ago when they were offering a free gimbal at a total of about $880 with taxes and shipping. A couple days after I received it from 3dr Best Buy had it for $599 with gimbal. I contacted 3dr to ask them if they would match the Best Buy price and they refused. So I sent it back. About a week later I received a partial refund on my credit card, it was for $800 and some change. I was expecting to not get a refund on shipping but $80 for shipping seemed ridiculous when I paid $23 to send it back. I contacted them to ask why they didn't refund my credit card for the full amount. The response I got was.....

"Hello,

Thank you for contacting 3DR Customer Support.

The total for the refund was $800.95.

That is the total we charge for the Solo and Gimbal after the discount. We do not refund tax amounts, we are very sorry we only refund the amount on the items.

If there is anything else we can assist you with, please let us know. Thank you."

I find it hard to believe that this is legal.

I don't know about the legalities but it is total BS.
I would file complaints with the BBB and Attorney General, in Calif.

So am I to assume you are in Cali or possible another country with an import tax?

I'm in California, one of if not the highest sales tax in the country. If they had said it was a restocking fee I probably would have shrugged it off and taken the loss. But this excuse they gave me just doesn't seem right.

nope. they are most definitely supposed to refund tax. if you returned it, its as if you never purchased it, and thus should not have to pay tax on an item that you did not purchase. shipping and restocking fees is one thing but you are supposed to get the cost you paid for the items and the tax you paid for the items.

kindly contact 3dr and demand the difference. if they do not budge, call your credit card company.

Reactions: Maddog
Tax should definitely be refunded since they are no longer paying that tax revenue to the state. Easiest way to go about it would be to just contact your credit card company and do a chargeback. They will want the info you have, such as the reply from 3DR and then take it from there.

Not to hijack your thread but I was very surprised to find that I was charged sales tax on my recent battery purchase (buy one get one free). I live in Texas, it shipped from CA and I thought the TX office was completely shut down and moved to CA... not much money but kind of frustrating.

If you order something online and that business has any sort of office in your state they have to charge you sales tax based on your location. Gone are the days of no sales tax on internet purchases unfortunately.

Unless you live in a state with no sales tax :) I love Oregon ;)
You're still paying for it....it's just hidden some where else.

Back to the OP, it doesn't make sense they would retain the tax you paid....you're the first to comment on such an issue....IIRC

Thanks for everyone's input, I replied to that email demanding the difference. I'll keep you guys updated on the outcome.

I encountered the same exact thing. I might have been successful demanding price protection against the 3dr store, but not against Best Buy.

In the end, I decided that the frustration wasn't worth it.

A bit bummed that I missed the battery promotion.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44