Return to Home Function

Come on guys.. Can we not turn this into another forum like RCGROUPS? Let's keep it on topic and informative.
Thanx...

I'm not a member of RCGroups and I have no idea how they operate or interact. I would assume that grown men would act like it. I'm above the bullshit so I won't be going back and forth.

I'm not a member of RCGroups and I have no idea how they operate or interact. I would assume that grown men would act like it. I'm above the bullshit so I won't be going back and forth.

LOL Your too funny, but you knowingly fly in a National Park where you know its has been banned for the last year. Even more stupid you post your video on YT

So your OK with flying in places its not allowed. If you have the balls to fly in a National Park at least do it well. All we have is some crappy iPhone video of an Inspire flying away LOL
Flying in a prohibited area and acting like an insulting child on a public forum are two different issues.
One can't be solved here, but the other can be quickly dealt with by Jacob the forum owner.

There is an AMA associated flying field within the National Park. The link is posted above. It is not a mystery.

Here is a hint: Grown men don't end their retorts with "thanks for playing."

I live in Albuquerque which is right next to the Sandia Mountains. It's a gorgeous, rocky mountain range with a little ski resort on top. I was under the impression that it was part of the Cibola National Forest, and therefore off limits to UAVs.

This morning I ran across this video someone took over the Sandias with an Inspire 1. The pilot notes that the mountains are not maintained by the department of the interior which makes it okay for flying.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'd like to ask the pilot if he contacted anyone to double check before flying up there. I'd certainly like to take the Solo for a spin in these mountains.

If you've seen Breaking Bad, you've seen the Sandias.

Last edited:
Your right I should have laid off the name calling. It just burns when you have people like this who knowing break the rules and the law. And his excuse is the park ranger let me or didn't see me. Its this type of mentalitly along with the guy who thinks it OK to fly to 4000ft which is going to put massive bans into effect

We think what happened was an RC Plane signal crossed the Inspire 1 signal and took control...

How on earth do you imagine that would be possible?

The Inspire uses FHSS on 2.4GHz, this isn't 72MHz any more, nobody can take control of your channel :)

I'd have a good serious think about what really happened there before you fly again as what you describe simply isn't credible.

How on earth do you imagine that would be possible?

The Inspire uses FHSS on 2.4GHz, this isn't 72MHz any more, nobody can take control of your channel :)

I'd have a good serious think about what really happened there before you fly again as what you describe simply isn't credible.

Make no mistake that we have no idea what happened "technically". Also make no mistake that the drone began to take a direct trailing path of the RC Plane that was in a small field which was about a 1/4 of a mile away from where we set up. When I said the signals crossed, it was the first thing that came to mind even though "technically" it's unlikely.

Yea always good not to assume. I am currently flying DJI products and the Solo pixhawk system has was more safety systems built in than the Phantoms for sure.

Course they have warranty banking on it so its in their best interested to design a product that works :)
Which is exactly how 3DR got my attention. The lower end (Phantom and under) DJIs are notorious for working well until the moment they don't. I lost my P2 in one of Haarlem's main canals today. It was lifting off evenly from a parking lot beside the canal (GPS mode, 10 satellites), and suddenly went full throttle at a downward 45 degree angle into the soup. Now it sleeps with the fishes.

Childish behavior begets childish behavior. You all do realize anyone can read these posts right? Thanks for showing the world your negativity, such that most flyers detest. Sad. Please go away and let responsible posters utilize this forum for positive gain. To the public, please disregard this negativity, as most of the users on this forum, and UAV users in general, are responsible, thoughtful and considerate folk. Dear administrator. Please block negative and foul users from this forum. Thank you.

Childish behavior begets childish behavior. You all do realize anyone can read these posts right? Thanks for showing the world your negativity, such that most flyers detest. Sad. Please go away and let responsible posters utilize this forum for positive gain. To the public, please disregard this negativity, as most of the users on this forum, and UAV users in general, are responsible, thoughtful and considerate folk. Dear administrator. Please block negative and foul users from this forum. Thank you.
X2

I live in Albuquerque which is right next to the Sandia Mountains. It's a gorgeous, rocky mountain range with a little ski resort on top. I was under the impression that it was part of the Cibola National Forest, and therefore off limits to UAVs.

This morning I ran across this video someone took over the Sandias with an Inspire 1. The pilot notes that the mountains are not maintained by the department of the interior which makes it okay for flying.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'd like to ask the pilot if he contacted anyone to double check before flying up there. I'd certainly like to take the Solo for a spin in these mountains.

If you've seen Breaking Bad, you've seen the Sandias.
No restrictions on flying in National Forets. No restrictions on taking my dog hiking in a National Forest.

Drones are prohibited in National Parks. Dogs are prohibited on the trails in National Parks.

National Parks are entirely different from National Forests.

"Childish Behavior begats childish behavior."
LOL, you make it sound like your childish behavior is a response to his childish behavior, was that your intent?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc