Replacement HDMI from 3DR

Reaction score
Hello,

Im just wondering if anyone has managed to get a replacement HDMI from 3DR and how much it cost? I would prefer not to send the unit back since the cable looks pretty easy to replace.

Any info would be greatly appreciated :)

Yup it's easy to get cables they are the same on both ends and are 10 or 15 bucks, there's even links in previous threads where we discussed this a week or so back. I found it googling 3dr solo hdmi replacement and this forums toward the top of the list. Good luck

I have had to replace my hdmi cable. I talked to 3dr and they said they would send me one NC. Well I waited about 11/2 weeks and still no cable. So I ordered the one that someone posted on this Forum and received it like in 2 days. Took Solo apart and installed the cable and PRESTO...it no workie. It was like the cable was 2 thick and solo couldnt push the signal. My gopro hero silver's rear display would go blank just like it does when solo connects and starts streaming but nothing would come up on my tablet. I tried everything. Luckily the very next day I got the cable from 3dr and swapped it out with the one I ordered online and it worked first time.

I have had to replace my hdmi cable. I talked to 3dr and they said they would send me one NC. Well I waited about 11/2 weeks and still no cable. So I ordered the one that someone posted on this Forum and received it like in 2 days. Took Solo apart and installed the cable and PRESTO...it no workie. It was like the cable was 2 thick and solo couldnt push the signal. My gopro hero silver's rear display would go blank just like it does when solo connects and starts streaming but nothing would come up on my tablet. I tried everything. Luckily the very next day I got the cable from 3dr and swapped it out with the one I ordered online and it worked first time.

Mmm that's no good there's quite a few folks with this issue, so yours was fine again after using the 3dr cable then I assume? Wonder if the pins are different I thought another guy had luck with an aftermarket one but not sure which one he purchased.

Yea that's the one I've seen before too, that sucks maybe there is some sort of proprietary pin layout or something causing the problem.

Not sure, I even took it back apart thinking It might of come unplugged. Maybe cable is bad. I just know that is what happened to me. I did notice however that the end that plugs into gopor was kinda loose. The metal part on the cable wiggled al little. I would take it back apart and do some trouble shooting but its working really good right now with the cable 3dr sent me and I dont really want to disassemble it again until I have too. .

Yeah... shit happens.... After reading your post I was scared to death... cause this was the only place I could find them... My gimbals should come this week and I was really scared.. So, I thought someone else might be in the same predicament and wanted to let others know that I had a positive experience..... I was praying as I turned on the app to see if it was working....

The video would try and play on my tablet but it never would.It would drop out with in a second. Did you put a magnet on yours like the 3dr cable?

I'm sure since these seem to be a weak point wel all get a chance to experiment and figure out what is or isn't working sooner or later, at least your both up and running for now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig