Replacement GoPro flat and curved mounts

Reaction score
Hi,
I was looking for replacement stick on mounts and genuine ones are £24.99 for three of each. On eBay aftermarket ones are available in various quantities for about £3-4

Some of these show them as having 3m tape, my concern is if this a cheap knock off and whether the strength of the mount and quality of tape is up to the job. False economy if I lose the camera because of it.

Has anybody got any feedback or opinion on them

Thank you

Graham

Hi,
I was looking for replacement stick on mounts and genuine ones are £24.99 for three of each. On eBay aftermarket ones are available in various quantities for about £3-4

Some of these show them as having 3m tape, my concern is if this a cheap knock off and whether the strength of the mount and quality of tape is up to the job. False economy if I lose the camera because of it.

Has anybody got any feedback or opinion on them

Thank you

Graham
Hi Graham!

Those low prices are probably knock offs coming out of China. They might be just as good but I'm betting the shipping time is around a month?
Authentic GoPro mounts will use 3M VHB tape, but you can buy that many places like Amazon.
image.jpeg

Found a bunch on eBay from sellers here in the US for under $10 US that look genuine to me.
Here's a link:
New 2pcs Curved 2pcs Flat 3M Adhesive Mounts accessories For Gopro Hero 3+3 2 1

Last edited:
Hi Maddog,

Thanks for the reply. The ones you linked to look the same as the ones I was looking at. It might be worth buying a 6 or 8 pack and giving a couple of them a good testing for the strength of the mount and adhesive qualities of the tape

Regards

Graham

Reactions: Maddog
Hi Maddog,

Thanks for the reply. The ones you linked to look the same as the ones I was looking at. It might be worth buying a 6 or 8 pack and giving a couple of them a good testing for the strength of the mount and adhesive qualities of the tape

Regards

Graham
I agree- do you have local sellers in the UK?
That VHB tape sticks like iron but comes off clean- with a crowbar.

I agree- do you have local sellers in the UK?
That VHB tape sticks like iron but comes off clean- with a crowbar.

Hi Maddog, the one you linked to was about $22 shipping. I can get eight from eBay UK for about £4-5 with free shipping.

The one in your link and the one I can find here show 3m and VHB on the tape but who knows if it is genuine. I will buy 8 and sacrifice one or two for test purposes

Hi Maddog, the one you linked to was about $22 shipping. I can get eight from eBay UK for about £4-5 with free shipping.

The one in your link and the one I can find here show 3m and VHB on the tape but who knows if it is genuine. I will buy 8 and sacrifice one or two for test purposes
The tape in the pics look genuine. I've never heard of counterfeit 3M tape.

I figured you could get it cheaper off eBay.UK. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig