Removing Solo Propellers

Reaction score
I had an unexpected hard landing today and my Solo actually flipped over while still running. I was able to power off the controller to minimize any damage, but now I can't get three of the propellers off.

Any suggestions? Is there a special tool required to get them off without damaging the Solo ?

I had an unexpected hard landing today and my Solo actually flipped over while still running. I was able to power off the controller to minimize any damage, but now I can't get three of the propellers off.

Any suggestions? Is there a special tool required to get them off without damaging the Solo ?

Impconcepts.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Impconcepts.com

I had a similar thing happen if you tape up the motor pods you can then hold them with a set of multi grips without scratching them, this should give you the leverage that you need to take them off quite easily.

I had a similar thing happen if you tape up the motor pods you can then hold them with a set of multi grips without scratching them, this should give you the leverage that you need to take them off quite easily.

Thank you very much. I'll give it a try.

A blow torch works well for removing, but the motors will look bad after.....;)

I like this quick idea by another, get a rubber strap wrench or rubber band and grip it around the motors. Spin Clockwise for the black motors to remove the props, Counter for the silver motors.....

Thank you very much. I'll give it a try.

For the small amount it cost for wrenches from impconcepts.com if you don't need to fly tomorrow it's worth ordering them and wate

Just a side note, when installing the props don't over tighten them. Just spin them to the stops and a light twist will do it. That's why they are self tightening.

Just a side note, when installing the props don't over tighten them. Just spin them to the stops and a light twist will do it. That's why they are self tightening.

yeah, the first few flights I was putting them on way too tight lol. Hell of a time getting them off.

I've learned now haha

For the small amount it cost for wrenches from impconcepts.com if you don't need to fly tomorrow it's worth ordering them and wate

From the impconcepts website:

"This is Plastic and not designed to remove torqued down Props."

Reactions: SARDG
The few times this happened I just put a few rubber bands around the motor housing to get a grip while unscrewing the prop.

From the impconcepts website:

"This is Plastic and not designed to remove torqued down Props."

The wrench only holds motor you use standard 10 mm wrench on prop hub

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig