Remote issues after some months of inactivity

Reaction score
Hey,
Just wondering if this is new... It is to me: my setup has always worked fine, nothing has changed other than I didn't fly it for maybe 6 months.
Today I needed to look on top of a roof and went to use it, and the remote is acting weird: when I hit the on button it displays a full battery (I just charged everything before flying) and the text says "hold O to power on" (where O is the On/Off simbol). Then it goes away after a couple of secs, but regardless if I keep holding, let go and hold or any combo I can think of, I don't get it to boot up.
I tried also to do a reset (holding on/off button + FLY button) but as it doesn't boot, it just displays the same as above...
Suggestions?

Just a guess, but maybe try disconnecting the battery on the controller, press all the buttons while disconnected, to remove any left over current. Then reconnect and try again. ??? Just guessing... I have a chit load of Solo's, and 2 that stay ready to fly. They can sit for a year or more, and fire up fine every time. I don't even know what version I'm on, all I know, if it works, don't fix it! Ha!

Just a guess, but maybe try disconnecting the battery on the controller, press all the buttons while disconnected, to remove any left over current. Then reconnect and try again. ??? Just guessing... I have a chit load of Solo's, and 2 that stay ready to fly. They can sit for a year or more, and fire up fine every time. I don't even know what version I'm on, all I know, if it works, don't fix it! Ha!
I tried this yesterday but to no change. I also tried to leave the battery out all night but nada... :-(

Most likely the SD card in the controller is not making good contact in its mount.
You may have to open the controller and fix it.
There are youtube vids on how to do it.
The only tricky part is gently removing the glue they used to hold it in.
Reseat it a couple of times after giving the contacts a clean.
May do the trick.
m2c

Reactions: Frank Foster
Update: I removed the SD card, it was seated ok and after cleaning the contacts and inserting/removing it a couple of times and putting everything back together, nothing changed.
HOWEVER, I got the remote to boot up properly and connect just fine by pressing the small "reset" button on the back of the circuit board.

The problem is now it won't turn off, which makes me think that the issue is simply the power button not doing it's job properly. Any suggestion on how to revive it?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc