Regulations everywhere, even in Punta Cana

Reaction score
Guys, just a tip and information. I arrived yesterday in Punta Cana and the aduana apprehends my Solo, because according them since last year you need to have a authorization to fly and the regulation agency didn't work in weekends.
My fault to don't check this before, but it's a little frustrating.
I'll try to take the authorization until I left... I keep you posted to help the others guys coming here.
Wish me luck

Best of luck. Keep us posted on how it turns out. Hope you get your bird back...

Ok, good news! I could get my Solo back after a lot of problems and discussion, but it's done. Let me explain to help other people.

Domenicana Republic have the air regulation named IDAC and taking with them, the fly authorization is required just if the drone have more than 2 kg (solo have 1.5 kg) and with the user manual I went to Aduana and they agree with this point, BUT, they charged me in $ 200 in Aduana, even with the explanation I'll not stay in the country. The allegation is this is a temporary charge and you can ask for this money when you leave the country.
Honestly I went to all the process to make sure I'll be able to get my bird back, because I expend around 3 hours and they everything what they could to keep the drone there... Every moment they appeared with a new process or requirement.

In this case, my tip is travel with the solo manual to be able to present the specifications (it's in page 78).

On Saturday I'll try to get my money back... Let see.

If someone need more details or even the documents and regulation document, just let me know!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig