FAA Regulations for Virgin Islands

Reaction score
Hey all!!

So let me give a little background. I am planning on purchasing a 3DR solo in the very near future(a bit of an impulse buy because of the deal im getting) and plan to get fully registered with the FAA to keep myself completely legal. One of the reasons why I wanted to buy this drone was because of a trip I am taking later in the year to the Virgin Islands. I had been planning the trip for a while and the drone purchase came about recently, so I haven't given to much thought about regulations within the islands, Ive done some quick research without many results, so I figured I would ask here.

Does any one know about what I can/cannot do with my drone?

Do I need to get special registration?

How difficult is it to travel with it?

This will be my first time out of the country and I'm not really sure how customs takes to something like a drone or what I can/cannot take with me.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you!

Please visit the source link to be sure this information is current.

British Virgin Islands:
Regulations: Governed by the U.K. under a special regime. Unmanned aircraft can be flown within line-of-sight. Those weighing over 7 kg cannot fly over 400 feet or near airports without permission from air traffic control.

Virgin Islands:
Regulations: Governed by British Overseas Territory regulations on UAV usage.

SOURCE: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2013/2870/article/73/made

If you're traveling to the US Virgin Islands the regulations are the same as the mainland United States.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig