Recording video, but no live feed

Reaction score
Browsing through the forum, I see lots of people with live feed problems, but I haven't found a discussion that clearly represents my problem.

First flight of my (Christmas present) Solo this morning, with the 3-axis gimbal, GoPro Hero 4 black. Everything fully powered, all firmware/apps up to date. The Solo flies great, the gimbal responds to commands, I can use "follow me", for example, and I can take great videos (using 1080, 60fps, medium FOV). But I never see live feed, I just guess when I want to start and stop recording, guess at camera angle.

Tried rebooting everything, force quitting app on my iPhone 6 Plus and restarting, etc.

Any ideas, before I try to call tech support?

Sorry if this seems obvious, but you do have the HDMI cable hooked up to the gopro? Are you sure you connected the internal HDMI cable when you installed the gimbal? I'd check that internal connection. If everything seems ok, I'd call support. You could have a bum HDMI cable or something.

Sorry if this seems obvious, but you do have the HDMI cable hooked up to the gopro? Are you sure you connected the internal HDMI cable when you installed the gimbal? I'd check that internal connection. If everything seems ok, I'd call support. You could have a bum HDMI cable or something.

I rechecked the cables, both to the GoPro and internally in the Solo -- but if this were a cable problem, wouldn't it be impossible to record video? I can record just fine, but I can't see what I'm recording until I land the Solo and download the video from the GoPro.

I rechecked the cables, both to the GoPro and internally in the Solo -- but if this were a cable problem, wouldn't it be impossible to record video? I can record just fine, but I can't see what I'm recording until I land the Solo and download the video from the GoPro.

Never mind. Found this tip: "force quit" Solo app on iPhone, then restart app; now video feed works fine. I would have thought powering the iPhone off and on, as I did several times, would have accomplished the same thing, but apparently not.

Ah, glad it's working. I thought you already tried that from your first post "force quitting app" so i thought it was hardware related. Have fun with your new toy :)

Ah, glad it's working. I thought you already tried that from your first post "force quitting app" so i thought it was hardware related. Have fun with your new toy :)

I misunderstood how you "force quit" an iPhone app (which I'd never had to do before), and wasn't doing it right the first time around.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc