Quick Question: Solo, no Gimbal, can I record video and see live feed at the same time?

Reaction score
Hi, quick question....

I was reading the manual and was disappointed that the camera cannot be controlled with the Solo Ap unless you also have the gimbal. Was surprised in fact. But can the camera be started up to record before flight and also provide live feed out the HDMI? On my unpack, charge, update, and test flight day I did not yet have the GoPro 4 to test. Elves repacked and wrapped the solos, the iPods, the GoPro's. So here I am.

I would have certainly bought one with the gimbal but I could not find one. I was able to pick up two solos with a ton of spare parts for $159. each. Love B&H photo.

Mike

Hi, quick question....

I was reading the manual and was disappointed that the camera cannot be controlled with the Solo Ap unless you also have the gimbal. Was surprised in fact. But can the camera be started up to record before flight and also provide live feed out the HDMI? On my unpack, charge, update, and test flight day I did not yet have the GoPro 4 to test. Elves repacked and wrapped the solos, the iPods, the GoPro's. So here I am.

I would have certainly bought one with the gimbal but I could not find one. I was able to pick up two solos with a ton of spare parts for $159. each. Love B&H photo.

Mike

Yes, the GoPro 4 will show video and record on the fixed gimbal, but requires manual turning on and starting record on the camera. You will need to install the Solo App on your ipad for live video feed. Some people have reported ios problems but I believe that has been fixed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela