Quick orbit test

Reaction score
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If you don't count the 5 minutes in my back yard this was my first flight with the Solo, setting up an orbit was crazy simple and the result was pretty smooth. Slight jitter but way better than I could have pulled off by hand at that speed.

Nice! Have you flown other drones?
Can you fly and land Solo manually if GPS goes out? Just curious- have seen videos from folks with "zero" drone experience crashing after the automation fails.

Seemed pretty fast looked good to me at that speed, what ya got your performance settings set to. The most confusing part I've found and I think where a lot of solos crashes have come from is at the end of these smart shots just trying to fly like your in fly mode. This is my second multi and not being used to it when I first did cable cam, there was a couple times it seemed to do things other than what I expected until I realized I hadn't hit fly again after the smart shot was over. The other shots are harder not to realize your in but cable is pretty easy to naturally just try to fly out of. In the beginning there were some glitching issues and others I had that were scary but this was where my pilot error scared me into thinking solo was going on its own, even if it's hard to admit.

Can't wait to get out with my gimbal when it gets light out, hope there's no more rain today cause I'm back obsessed with my solo. I've actually been flying my p2 again these past weeks waiting for my gimbal but now that I have a stable solo my poor p2 will likley be more or less retired or only used in very specific situations now, sorry p2 but you've been outmatched plain and simple. There's just no comparison between solo with gimbal and p2 h3-3d, can't say on the other dji offerings but I can't see either impressing me more than solo now is doing again.

Reactions: Maddog
I don't have a gimbal yet either so I go out and practice with the fixed mount so I know how to set up the shots.
Also do a lot of manual flying and landing just for fun. Solo can be landed much more accurately than my Syma X8C- wonder why? :)

Nice! Have you flown other drones?
Can you fly and land Solo manually if GPS goes out? Just curious- have seen videos from folks with "zero" drone experience crashing after the automation fails.
I'm somewhere between beginner and novice. I had an all manual drone before this one but only flew it for a couple of hours. I didn't use the return to home or auto land with the solo but always had a gps signal.

Seemed pretty fast looked good to me at that speed, what ya got your performance settings set to. The most confusing part I've found and I think where a lot of solos crashes have come from is at the end of these smart shots just trying to fly like your in fly mode. This is my second multi and not being used to it when I first did cable cam, there was a couple times it seemed to do things other than what I expected until I realized I hadn't hit fly again after the smart shot was over. The other shots are harder not to realize your in but cable is pretty easy to naturally just try to fly out of. In the beginning there were some glitching issues and others I had that were scary but this was where my pilot error scared me into thinking solo was going on its own, even if it's hard to admit.

Can't wait to get out with my gimbal when it gets light out, hope there's no more rain today cause I'm back obsessed with my solo. I've actually been flying my p2 again these past weeks waiting for my gimbal but now that I have a stable solo my poor p2 will likley be more or less retired or only used in very specific situations now, sorry p2 but you've been outmatched plain and simple. There's just no comparison between solo with gimbal and p2 h3-3d, can't say on the other dji offerings but I can't see either impressing me more than solo now is doing again.
Speeds were medium. I think people mess up when exiting a smart shot with the drone facing them and having their right stick inverted because of this.

Speeds were medium. I think people mess up when exiting a smart shot with the drone facing them and having their right stick inverted because of this.
Yep me too it looked like that may have been the case in quite a few videos I've watched, it's honestly pretty easy to do when concentrating on filming or other things. Practice makes perfect right or at least makes ya better maybe not perfect.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44