question about logs management

Jubalr, so to answer my question, are Tlogs the only logs that you use with DroneLogBook? Or do other logs hold more or unique information that I can use via DroneLogBook?
Stored on the Pixhawk 2 controller inside are also .bin files. They will not have any additional information as far as DLB is concerned. However, they do have a great deal more info should you need to analyze a flight with more scrutiny as they record more detailed information on any given flight. Both have a great deal of info, but you could look at each with Mission Planner to see the difference. Tlogs are fine for reviewing most flights, even in MP. But if I was trying to find more info after a crash, it would be nice to have a .bin file.

So the tlog do work? Don't know what I was doing wrong, will have to try them again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes they work. When you add a new flight you can add flight from Drone Log File. Looks like this.
upload_2016-2-18_15-22-51.png
You just need to make sure and select Telemetry.TLOG , then browse for the log and upload it by clicking Analyze flight log.

I just noticed when I was searching for the TLOGS created while using tower that they save locally to my android phone.
I also noticed a whole bunch of TLOGS, in a separate folder but same location, that appear to be the TLOGS from my solo app flights.

This is the location of the TLOGS on my phone.
Device Storage: Android/data/org.droidplanner.services.android/files/tlogs/

In this location there are two folders. One for the Tower app and one for the solo app. both contain the tlogs from flights I have done.

I have pulled my tlogs directly from my remote and from the solo in the past, I just uploaded the tlog files I found here to DroneLogBook and they are legit.

I am new here so maybe this is common knowledge but I havn't seen any documentation on TLOGS being saved locally to the phone, thereby eliminating the need to get them directly from the solo. (only TLOGS)

Also there is a crash_log for the solo app located at:
Device Storage: Android/data/com.o3dr.solo.android/files/crash_log

@Jubalr if I keep downloading .bin logs from Pixhawk, am I getting everything that would be found in the tlogs? What extra info am I getting out of a .bin log? What data is different?

You have it backwards. DataFlash or .bin logs have what Tlogs have and a whole lot more. But unless you know what to look for most information and average user would want is in the Tlogs and they are easier to come by. Here is more info on them..

Data Flash Logs

Tlogs

I had it the right way around probably could of worded my question better. So my next question: Is using bin logs overkill for DroneLogBook? Would tlogs be sufficient?

tlogs are sufficient for basic info. The BIN files just have a ton more data, which you don't need unless you are looking at vibration levels and other parameters which I don't think dronelogbook or the others even read.

I just noticed when I was searching for the TLOGS created while using tower that they save locally to my android phone.
I also noticed a whole bunch of TLOGS, in a separate folder but same location, that appear to be the TLOGS from my solo app flights.

This is the location of the TLOGS on my phone.
Device Storage: Android/data/org.droidplanner.services.android/files/tlogs/

In this location there are two folders. One for the Tower app and one for the solo app. both contain the tlogs from flights I have done.

I have pulled my tlogs directly from my remote and from the solo in the past, I just uploaded the tlog files I found here to DroneLogBook and they are legit.

I am new here so maybe this is common knowledge but I havn't seen any documentation on TLOGS being saved locally to the phone, thereby eliminating the need to get them directly from the solo. (only TLOGS)

Also there is a crash_log for the solo app located at:
Device Storage: Android/data/com.o3dr.solo.android/files/crash_log
I do not have the "org.droidplanner.services.android" folder on my phone. Do I need to have something turned on in the Solo app to save tlogs on the phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela