Question about incompatible device and Solex

jar

Reaction score
Well Solo has arrived on the slow boat from the USA, but it turns out my devices although meeting the Android specs are marked as incompatible :-(

I currently have an LG G2 and an older Sony M4 Aqua that I can play with. Does anyone know what causes a device to be marked as incompatible? I dont want to risk my new acquisition, but I was curious as to what marks it unuseable.

I know that I may have to invest in a new device, but that might have to wait a while. In the meantime i may be grounded!

I guess I would have the same issues with Solex? but thats not marked as incompatible on the play store.

John R

What version of Android are you running on those devices? Go to settings then about device, then to system, and look at Android version.

I don't think it is the device. It is more than likely the version of Android that is incompatible with the app not the drone. If you can download it solex will work fine. I don't know what area your in or service provider you use but if you can't get an ota update for Android I would choose the more powerful device(processor, gpu, ram) then root it and put at least the minimum Android os that is compatible with the solo app. I could walk you through it if you're not familiar enough with Android and the rooting process.

Tony

Thanks for the reply, they are both android 5 or above, which should be compatible, but i guess there is something specific about them that markts it as incompatible. The 3dr specs say 4.3 or newer.

The LGG2 is rooted (although i nevcer uised it for the reason i rooted it for) I wondered if that might be an issue but I guess not! I did previously try loading cyanogen on the G2 but there is a problem with my particular phone, in that it doesnt recognise the new bootloader (i think a number of g2's have this issue?)

I am in the UK. Looks like i will have to look for a new phone, I am out of contract now, but i never swapped out the g2 as i liked it! The other option is to buy a tablet and keep my old phone.

Thanks again

John R

John- welcome to the forum!
Originally, "compatible" devices were those that would run the Solo app. I don't know why some would and some wouldn't.
If the device will download and run the Solo app it's ok.

As far as Solex goes, if your device will download and run it, I see no reason why it would be "unsafe". Hope that makes sense. All the aforementioned technical stuff is all Greek to me.

@speatuk is another member in the UK who might be able to help you with "UK" specific issues.

Reactions: speatuk
Thanks for the reply. - and the welcome!

I will try sideloading the app on my phone, but I was just curious as to what makes a device incompatible even though it runs the right version of android (maybe it is my inner geek :) )

John

Thanks for the reply. - and the welcome!

I will try sideloading the app on my phone, but I was just curious as to what makes a device incompatible even though it runs the right version of android (maybe it is my inner geek :) )

John

Sideloading is a good idea. If you could flash a different Rom that should also fix the problem. Another way would be by downloading the app from another source other than the play store.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc