Purchasing stuff dilemma

Reaction score
Website
www.timorden.com
Aloha guys,

I lost my Solo. (I don't want to talk about it, because it's painful and not helpful.) So, I need the aircraft and gimbal. (I got another GP H4B)

Here's what I'm seeing:
Solo with no battery or props $700
Gimbal $200
total $900

Solo with controller, and battery, etc. $1000
Gimbal $200
Total $1200

I have a controller now. How do you think I'd come out if I spent $1200 and sold my controller?

thanks (mahalo)

Tim

Aloha guys,

I lost my Solo. (I don't want to talk about it, because it's painful and not helpful.) So, I need the aircraft and gimbal. (I got another GP H4B)

Here's what I'm seeing:
Solo with no battery or props $700
Gimbal $200
total $900

Solo with controller, and battery, etc. $1000
Gimbal $200
Total $1200

I have a controller now. How do you think I'd come out if I spent $1200 and sold my controller?

thanks (mahalo)

Tim
Have you looked & eBay? There are some excellent deals right now. I bought another gimbal for $130 & the guy selling em has other SOLO parts as well

Reactions: Mauiwind
Check out the classified ads here. There is a guy selling his whole setup for $1,000 obo. For what he is offering, I don't think it is too bad. Good luck.......

Standard price for the solo/controller/battery kit is $799 now and gimbal is $199.

Definitely take advantage of that 20% off deal from 3dr that Phil mentioned. Get it all for $799

There's still the 20% code directly from 3dr. So, Solo with Gimbal are still $799.

DIYD20OFF
I dont understand why this wasnt the first choice?? Also reminder that code is supposed to expire tmrw 3/31...Might be worth trying those codes from the webinar too if ordering anyway....they were all stackable together (drone w/gimbal +free 2nd batt + Buy 1 batt get one 50% off + set of props = $990....not bad for kit with 4 batts and spare prop set)

Ordered a Solo with gimbal on March 30th for $799.96 including shipping and it was shipped on the same day. It is due here Wednesday April 6th - :)

Here is the text from an eMail I received from DIY Drones - www.diydrones.com

"Dear DIY Drones member,

Just a reminder that our "Spirit of '76" celebration of DIY Drones' milestone of 76,000 members ends tomorrow, on March 31st. That's the last day that you can enter the discount code "DIYD20OFF" and get a Solo+Gimbal package for $799, a savings of $200. Plus a savings of 20% on anything else at the 3DR store aside from GoPro cameras and SiteScan."

Ordered on the 31st with the DIYD20OFF and the order was accepted. This morning received email that order was cancelled. Things that make me go hmmm.

I'd get on their chat line on Monday and find out why they cancelled your order as the discount was to be valid through March 31st.

Thanks Orin. Plan to. Watching my credit card transactions as well. Been saving up and got paid at the end of the month, so I was really wishing I could save the $200 and buy an extra battery. Teacher salaries in Kansas are getting rough these days...

Shoot, got my 8 bones organized today and I'm a day late and a dollar short for the package gimbal and copter discount. Now I'm staring at $1K anyone see any deals right now? mahalo

An update. 3DR was great. Transaction sorted, discount applied and Solo is good to go. Thanks Jared G. Very excellent and not a problem. Looking forward to pre-flight jitters.

An update. 3DR was great. Transaction sorted, discount applied and Solo is good to go. Thanks Jared G. Very excellent and not a problem. Looking forward to pre-flight jitters.

Hi Scott, Looks like I won the bet so you can just contact FedEx and have them drop it off at my house - :D

Glad to hear it worked out for you.

Reactions: Scott McCloud

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig