Prop balancing - has anyone done it?

Reaction score
I see a lot of recommendations to balance props, mostly by phantom owners. I assume the same should apply to solo as well. Curious if anyone's doing it. Also, what's a good prop balancer?

Thanks!

Yes some guys are I've not got around to getting mine so far but was told du bro makes a good balancer that's only about 25 bucks I'm pretty sure. I plan to buy one I may even go order it now actually while I'm thinking about it.

Reactions: happyflr
Yes some guys are I've not got around to getting mine so far but was told du bro makes a good balancer that's only about 25 bucks I'm pretty sure. I plan to buy one I may even go order it now actually while I'm thinking about it.
I'm waiting for my du bro balancer to come in the mail. In the mean time I started looking closely at the prop and noticed a small detent inside of the propeller hub. (look up into the threads) I used this detent to balance the prop on the tip of a fine mechanical lead pencil that I mounted vertically to a small board.
By resting the prop on the extended graphite of the mechanical pencil I can quickly see how balanced the prop is and make adjustments. Once I get the du pro balancer, I will compare the two methods of balancing the prop.

I balanced six props using this method, and of the 6 the silver hub props were worse than the black hub props.

Look forward to comparing the results.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44