Problems updating Solo with older Solo App

Reaction score
I've been using the app obtained from the forum topic below to use on my LG G Pad. Since it's not a "compatible" device, I had to download the Solo app from elsewhere and install it outside of the Play Store.

in case your droid is listed as incompatable | 3D Robotics Drone Forum

But I recently had issues performing the latest Solo Update. It would download the update to the tablet, but wouldn't proceed to transfer the update to the controller or Solo. I bypassed this, by using a compatible tablet to install the update. The LG G Pad now says my Solo software is current, but I've realized this version of the Solo App is outdated. It doesn't have the start/stop recording functions or show weather/wind info.

Is there a way to get the most recent Solo App outside of the App Store? (for Android)

-The Juggler

I was having this issue (unable to record as I lacked the latest app version) with a compatible device LG G3. I removed the app and reinstalled it and obtained the latest version of the app. I can now start & stop recording and have the new layout. However I can't seem to perform updates without being prompted to switch to the solo app once the download is complete, then after I do, I'm prompted to begin the download all over again.

I am having the same problem, used to work fine. Can someone tell me what I can do to get the firmware update to the solo and controller ...

I had to use a supported device to get beyond the "Download Update" step. Once i did that, I could go back to using a non-supported device to fly. I do this now for any Solo device updates.
I use my Samsung Alpha phone to perform the controller and drone updates.
Then I go back to using my LG G Pad for flying.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso