Problem installing latest firmware

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So yesterday I wanted to go fly and test out some of the advanced flying modes. I then discovered that there was a new app and firmware update that supports the gimbal and a few other features. I didn't have an option but to update (rather annoying in my opinion since the gimbal hasn't even arrived) when I ran through the update it failed multiple times, so after an hour I called tech support and was on the phone with them for 1.5 hours. After multiple factory resets they could not figure out the issue and I they actually hung up on me (I was very calm and collected throughout the whole call - the guy I talked to was the tense one).

I was then furious after having wasted my evening trying to do an unnecessary update when I just wanted to fly, having it fail time after time and then them hanging up on me. Absolutely terrible customer support. I have sent them a follow up email and will call back after work today as they still haven't reached back to me.

I just wanted to share the story and see if anyone else has had similar issues/fixes.

Thanks
-VTK

Last edited:
What problem did you have after the update? If you struggle getting any help head over to the Solo User's Facebook page and I'll try and nudge someone to help you.

Hey guys,

So yesterday I wanted to go fly and test out some of the advanced flying modes. I then discovered that there was a new app and firmware update that supports the gimbal and a few other features. I didn't have an option but to update (rather annoying in my opinion since the gimbal hasn't even arrived) when I ran through the update it failed multiple times, so after an hour I called tech support and was on the phone with them for 1.5 hours. After multiple factory resets they could not figure out the issue and I they actually hung up on me (I was very calm and collected throughout the whole call - the guy I talked to was the tense one).

I was then furious after having wasted my evening trying to do an unnecessary update when I just wanted to fly, having it fail time after time and then them hanging up on me. Absolutely terrible customer support. I have sent them a follow up email and will call back after work today as they still haven't reached back to me.

I just wanted to share the story and see if anyone else has had similar issues/fixes.

Thanks
-VTK
What was the actual problem?

Turned out the app data and cache needed to be cleared, the techs at 3DR said there is a glitch in the app. I also had to reset the controller and unplug the battery, then it worked. Thanks all!

Reactions: z3r01 and Ian [P13]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc