power up

But thinking of the issue why it happened ..could it be that you battery was so defaulted that it reversed the polarity going to a couple or all your Motors!!! Is that even possible .????
Not possible. Only the Pixhawk 2 FC can reverse solo's motors. From the beginning this looked like a failed FW update. Something got hosed and solo's POST was not completing. That is why I suggested a factory reset earlier.

Richard if you can post the logs here there are members who will help you try to decipher the events that lead up to the crash Also go head and log a support ticket with 3DR if you have not already.

Reactions: Del
I sure can! I already emailed them to 3DR and to Jubalr...

Here they are hope it went through

Attachments

• Solo Tele Files.zip
    360.5 KB · Views: 6
apparently there isnt anything on those because it doesnt show how do i find previous files from the flights? My son said he turned the controller off after the incident when he was retrieving Solo.

apparently there isnt anything on those because it doesnt show how do i find previous files from the flights? My son said he turned the controller off after the incident when he was retrieving Solo.
Ycn get them from solo it
Richard,

You will need to log into your solo transmitter via ssh or if your solo will still power on you can log into solo via ssh. Another alternative is to look on your mobile device. The location will depend on your mobile OS.

I am running it on apple platform. What is ssh?
ssh aka secure shell is a Unix/Linux command that creates a remote text session on a remote computer running the ssh service . If you don't know ssh then it is probably not feasible to ask you to use it. There are several threads here 3drpilots on how to use ssh to retrieve logs, but honestly if you have never used ssh I wouldn't even bother. A long as you have submitted a ticket, 3DR will contact you. The important thing is to get in the queue. Once 3DR examines the logs and sees they are empty they will send you a label to return your solo. I am confident they will send you a new solo. IMO the firmware update got hosed somehow. I was just curious to see what happened more than anything

Last edited:
ssh aka secure shell is a Unix/Linux command that creates a remote text session on a remote computer running the ssh service . If you don't know ssh then it is probably not feasible to ask you to use it. There are several threads here 3drpilots on how to use ssh to retrieve logs, but honestly if you have never used ssh I wouldn't even bother. A long as you have submitted a ticket, 3DR will contact you. The important thing is to get in the queue. Once 3DR examines the logs and sees they are empty they will send you a label to return your solo. I am confident they will send you a new solo. IMO the firmware update got hosed somehow. I was just curious to see what happened more than anything
I believe you can get at them (easier than ssh) with Mission Planner as well?

This should be the flight in question..

Attachments

• 1.solo.zip
    199.3 KB · Views: 5
This should be the flight in question..
Weird flight. The Pixhawk detects a EKF Variance failsafe which essentially shuts down the compass.(Maybe EKF parameters were trashed with update? ) If I did not know better I would think the compass calibration was done with solo upside down? At least Solo thinks it is upside down and tries to right itself reversing #2 and #4 motors.

Weird flight. The Pixhawk detects a EKF Variance failsafe which essentially shuts down the compass.(Maybe EKF parameters were trashed with update? ) If I did not know better I would think the compass calibration was done with solo upside down? At least Solo thinks it is upside down and tries to right itself reversing #2 and #4 motors.
Same first impression I had and I wrote him back and said it was very weird. It did fly for a brief time though, so not sure why the fail safe.

Here are more logs that 3DR walked me through on pulling using SSH. 2 of the logs that are missing would not down load.

Attachments

• solo1.tlog.zip
    845.9 KB · Views: 1
Here are more logs that 3DR walked me through on pulling using SSH. 2 of the logs that are missing would not down load.
Hello Richard,

I went through those logs and only the last one (solo9) has any real flight data. I did not see anything abnormal in that one other than a low satellite count between 8-11 sats the entire flight The others are a combination of pre-arm errors and IMU/baro failsafe alarms. They don't show any actual flight other than one attempt for a few seconds. The log Jubair posted last night seems to be the actual log you need as it shows the motor reversals. If that log data is accurate, there were some wicked things happening in your solo that I don't think even an exorcism could fix.:oops: Given the failure of multiple systems in your solo I am positive the firmware upgrade corrupted your solo. What did 3DR tell you?

No it will not reverse polarity. It's a bad pack. The charger and lipo balancer are in the battery the"CHARGER" THAT plugs into the wall is just a power supply. You probably have a bad cell in the pack. Trouble ticket it. And DON'T USE THE BATTERY ANY LONGER FOR SAFETY REASONS! Or risk [EXPLETIVE REMOVED] your quad or someone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: TexasQuadFlyer
Hello Richard,

I went through those logs and only the last one (solo9) has any real flight data. I did not see anything abnormal in that one other than a low satellite count between 8-11 sats the entire flight The others are a combination of pre-arm errors and IMU/baro failsafe alarms. They don't show any actual flight other than one attempt for a few seconds. The log Jubair posted last night seems to be the actual log you need as it shows the motor reversals. If that log data is accurate, there were some wicked things happening in your solo that I don't think even an exorcism could fix.:oops: Given the failure of multiple systems in your solo I am positive the firmware upgrade corrupted your solo. What did 3DR tell you?
Well they are still trying to figure it out. But again they are slow with the responses because of all the other trouble tickets. The battery is bad and they ate trying to decide on RMA the whole unit. They think the battery has a bad cell and isnt holding charge they did see a big drop of power in short amount of time. Now i am waiting. The solo has been packed up after these crazy events happening.
I appreciate you guys helping me out with this as this is my first real quad other then the lids play ones. Well maybe i should stick with those!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421