Portable powerbank for charging?

Reaction score
Hey guys!

Can someone please advise me regarding these powerbanks? I will be in a remote place, and want to fly and film more than what my 2 baterries allows me to.

With a powerbank, one can charge while the other one is in the air. These banks costs a bit more than a new battery..

MAXOAK 50000mAh 5/12/20v Portable Charger External Battery Power Bank for Laptop & Notebook-Most of Sony Dell Hp Toshiba Samsung Lenovo Acer IBM NEC Mobile,Tablet(not for Apple Laptop):Amazon.co.uk:Computers & Accessories This one had high capacity, but no AC plug..

This one has AC, but half the capacity... Portable Charger RAVPower 20100mAh Built-in AC Outlet Universal Power Bank Travel Charger (Type-C Port, Dual USB iSmart Ports) For MacBook, Laptops, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus & More:Amazon.co.uk:Electronics

Thanks

There have been several threads over the last two years having discussed with some detail for this dilemma. Solar, inverters and power banks. Seems we've had many remote operators that had a need to solve this...

Not trying to answer the question, just giving you some direction to prior discussions. Actually interesting stories associated with these off-grid adventures.

@pete is one explorer I can recall.

Good luck!

If you need to charge batteries out in the field, I'd look into getting a good D.C. Powered LiPo battery charger and use your car battery to run it. The stock charger will only charge at 3.3A, but the battery will handle up to 5.2A (or a little more) charging current. You would want a charger that could handle at least 80 watts.

If you need to charge batteries out in the field, I'd look into getting a good D.C. Powered LiPo battery charger and use your car battery to run it. The stock charger will only charge at 3.3A, but the battery will handle up to 5.2A (or a little more) charging current. You would want a charger that could handle at least 80 watts.
I think he wants to charge someplace where cars can't go.

Enerplex and Goal Zero make large power banks that can probably recharge two or three Solo batteries. However, their weight, size and price tag make more sense to buy more Solo batteries.

I am not forgetting. When I go flying I drive my Wrangler with my gear to the launch site.
:)

A 10 amp marine flexible solar panel , charge regulator, battery , and 1000k watt invertor would be a PITA. I bought an additional 3 solo batteries and three additional battery pack power supplies for cheap from solodepot. I can charge all 4 batteries within an hour. 160 minutes of flight time on site without charging... Controller has about 50% charge by the time I leave for home.

I have not required the inverter I have in my Wrangler for charging my 3dr batteries.

I would say the easiest solution is to take advantage of the low cost of the 3dr batteries now. I paid $39.00 for eaxh additional battery and $19.00 for each of the the addutional power supplies

Reactions: Randolph Phillips
I'd suggest buying another Solo battery charger too, now that you have the extra batteries. Makes charging 2 or 4 batteries a breeze with two charging at once.

That's exactly what I do. I have 4 batteries, 3 chargers. .. the chargers are actually just power supplies, the chargers are built into the battery pack.
So that makes building a mobile power supply to charge the batteries a breeze.

Reactions: Randolph Phillips
That's exactly what I do. I have 4 batteries, 3 chargers. .. the chargers are actually just power supplies, the chargers are built into the battery pack.
So that makes building a mobile power supply to charge the batteries a breeze.

I'm curious what you think of this battery pack recharge option? I have one on the way (available at $21.00 - $23.00) seems like it would be potentially effective for recharging when needed. Don't want to screw up a battery though!
Quick Charge 3.0 RAVPower 12000 Portable Charger 12000mAh Power Bank
RAVPower 12000mAh External Battery/ Portable Charger

I have an 800w power inverter but I have not tested it with the Solo battery charger yet.
they work fine, but you are converting DC to AC back to DC
I have a 12volt standard lipo charger that I just set to non balancing and 5 amps. Clip it right to the car battery and I can charge up to 4 at a time.

they work fine, but you are converting DC to AC back to DC
I have a 12volt standard lipo charger that I just set to non balancing and 5 amps. Clip it right to the car battery and I can charge up to 4 at a time.
I know it's not the most effecient way... but The Wrangler's battery is big enough and if I'm out flying for a while I can just fire up the engine for a bit.
I also have a TigerShark 5amp lipo fast charger. It has DC in. I use it when I fly my other aircraft.. How did you make the battery connector ?

I spliced inline bullets into my stock charging cables
now I can use the connectors on both the stock charger or my Quantum DIY

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc