Polar led light plug unplugging in flight.

Reaction score
Hi guys, got an annoying issue since buying my Polar led lights - the plug that plugs into the accessory bay at the bottom of the Solo keeps dislodging and hangs in flight. I've only had them for a short while and they were working fine initially, but now the plug falls out every flight - annoying! I was thinking of affixing Velcro strips the the Solo and then to the Polar plug to see if it will hold it fast... Just wondering if anyone else has the issue and had a quick fix? Not sure if it is any vibration or just the downward thrust that causes it to dislodge... Any thoughts?

Black electrical tape works great.... tape front and back lights to legs....tape the board to the underbelly after plugging in.....they will never dislodge now
Leave on permanently and you will never notice the black tape...blends in with bird

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I ended up using black velcro one sided tape on each the underside of Solo, and on one side of the Polar light plug. Works great, is detachable and not as unsightly as black tape.

Had the same issue, threw some artistic-grade black duct tape on that.
Amazing how many times I hear myself saying that exact same sentence in life....

Black electrical tape.....forget the duct tape

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc