Place your bets

Earl, do you think they have modified/updated the board, or yours was just bad? I have been wondering if 3DR is continually making changes to Solo as they get feedback. Do you think a Solo ordered and produced now would have different components from one ordered months ago?
I think mine was just bad. I had the added advantage of have two Solo's and could compare them. This one (Solo1) always had slightly better/faster GPS, until one day (for no apparent reason) it started to get bad GPS peformance. Where I got 12 sats, I would get 6, and the GPS was just "finicky" and made the craft wander a bit more than in past. I took it part to look at spacers, connectors, foil, etc. etc. and did everything. Nothing changed it. I swapped boards with Solo2 and the problem followed the board....

Called them and told them that, and at first they wanted to give me an RMA. I explained I had the thing apart more often than an old british carburetor, and they agreed to send me one.

It looks exactly the same, but I am back to previous performance now. I start off turning on the Solo, and get 12 sats before the controller boots up. It is also noticeably more stable.

As an example, I took off yesterday, and forgot to fold down the extended feet (Relish 3D). Rather than land, I just hovered it while folding them down one at a time :)

Yea I normally am not quite so busy and don't mind the tinkering, but my big concern is if like it seems a lot of the issues are being fixed by hardware swaps than were in for a long road of continuous fixes. I enjoy tinkering to make things better, but tinkering all the time to make them useable is what I'm worried about. I just want it to work really, once it's fixed I'll be happy again, I'm just overworked the past couple weeks, tired and would like to get some videos before it gets down to zero.

I'm working on what will hopefully be the last of what 3dr needs to give me an answer then wel see. I'm curious why they need this extra info to let me in on what's up, I'm sure they already know what's going on so I almost feel like im being tested to see if I'll keep it up at this point. The video shows very little, just movement and the other logs will be the same as those already sent, but I'll jump through another hoop and hope my 1500+ bucks can fly ok soon.

Thanks for all the tips and info, I'll add in my email that I believe the GPS board may be the issue and see what happens.
Make sure you tell them it worked before and is touchy now, you are skilled at taking it apart, and would be happy to replace the board to speed things up..

Reactions: Adimuzio513
Will do thanks for the tips, I'll be happy even if it costs me honestly. I just want to get it back in the air ASAP, miss flying it and really don't even enjoy flying my p2 much anymore compared to solo. Sounds like the board is very likley the issue, hope this doesn't keep happening since we both seemed to be lucky compared to most before these issues. If they end up needing to source or make better hardware cause these fail it could be a rough road.

Look fan 3DR dick ridin

The fact that you assume I'd buy anything off of you is amusing, maybe your DJI bird just likes the manufacturer better than it likes you.
Are you over 12? It is difficult to tell based on your childish posts....

I didn't mean to post
I didn't mean to pos
I didn't mean to post that top part, yes I admit that's immature on my part. But you're the one attacking me in multiple threads.

I didn't mean to post

I didn't mean to pos

I didn't mean to post that top part, yes I admit that's immature on my part. But you're the one attacking me in multiple threads.
Obviously my phone or the website is tripping out by reposting things I deleted and things I didn't multiple times.^^

Last edited:
I think mine was just bad. I had the added advantage of have two Solo's and could compare them. This one (Solo1) always had slightly better/faster GPS, until one day (for no apparent reason) it started to get bad GPS peformance. Where I got 12 sats, I would get 6, and the GPS was just "finicky" and made the craft wander a bit more than in past. I took it part to look at spacers, connectors, foil, etc. etc. and did everything. Nothing changed it. I swapped boards with Solo2 and the problem followed the board....

Called them and told them that, and at first they wanted to give me an RMA. I explained I had the thing apart more often than an old british carburetor, and they agreed to send me one.

It looks exactly the same, but I am back to previous performance now. I start off turning on the Solo, and get 12 sats before the controller boots up. It is also noticeably more stable.

As an example, I took off yesterday, and forgot to fold down the extended feet (Relish 3D). Rather than land, I just hovered it while folding them down one at a time :)
It's kind of like every Solo has its own unique personality

They said by early november you would have all the go pro settings available

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso