Place your bets

Starting to buckle? Lol, I'm waiting for the update because as of right now I'm practically flying blind because firmware update 1.2.0 messed up my Solo app live feed along with making it unstable.

Starting to buckle? Lol, I'm waiting for the update because as of right now I'm practically flying blind because firmware update 1.2.0 messed up my Solo app live feed along with making it unstable.
Have you found a way to absolute pin the problem to the update? I know you began to have this issue after the update, and that in it's self would certainly qualify as circumstantial. But if it was a problem that was between the app and the firmware, would it not be on many if not all users that had your same hardware?

Have you found a way to absolute pin the problem to the update? I know you began to have this issue after the update, and that in it's self would certainly qualify as circumstantial. But if it was a problem that was between the app and the firmware, would it not be on many if not all users that had your same hardware?
You know it's a weird problem that I am experiencing because today I flew and it worked just fine, the only reason I blame it on the update is because I never had this problem prior to it I've been having Solo since launch.

I too have serious stability concerns since the update, I was flying daily now it's about once a week. I can't say for sure updates the cause, but between instability and GPS losing signal a lot I'm kinda nervous to use it much and it sucks cause I was one of the lucky ones previously. In manual seems fine, GPS it acts and even sounds odd, still no final thought from 3dr and they've had a while. I've not had a lot of time this week and latest response says they want my last ten logs now, problem is I reset so I doubt I have them now. So not sure what's to come, guess I'll see soon enough after I download what program they mentioned and send whatever's left in my black box from my recent flights. Ticket process is quite a bit more than it seems, I guess this must be an odd issue cause they sent me three different replys now asking for more info and now more logs to try and see when this began. At least they seem to be trying, but seems to have em stumped so far.

Wow still no update to the app, I was told at least by the 17th how typical.

I too have serious stability concerns since the update, I was flying daily now it's about once a week. I can't say for sure updates the cause, but between instability and GPS losing signal a lot I'm kinda nervous to use it much and it sucks cause I was one of the lucky ones previously. In manual seems fine, GPS it acts and even sounds odd, still no final thought from 3dr and they've had a while. I've not had a lot of time this week and latest response says they want my last ten logs now, problem is I reset so I doubt I have them now. So not sure what's to come, guess I'll see soon enough after I download what program they mentioned and send whatever's left in my black box from my recent flights. Ticket process is quite a bit more than it seems, I guess this must be an odd issue cause they sent me three different replys now asking for more info and now more logs to try and see when this began. At least they seem to be trying, but seems to have em stumped so far.
I had a similar situation.. Good GPS from the git go, and then starting one day.... Lousy... I called 3DR and got a new board. Made all the difference in the world. I have put on the "cardboard" mod, but used corrogated plastic, and left a cut out in the middle, and the right back corner by the screw. I am now back to 12 sats faster than I can get the rest of the stuff started... Might be worth a shot..

When you say "stability issues" do you mean actual flight stability? And is it affecting your video stability as well? I have had my gimbal for a week now so all flights have been on the latest update and I'm overall quite unimpressed with the stability of my video. I have thrown some challenges at it such as shooting medium and narrow on the GoPro and flying in wind but the results are not up to what I expected. I'm getting much more stable video from my Phantoms in all conditions.

Reactions: Projeffrey11
Na whining doesn't pay, P3 ordered.
When you say "stability issues" do you mean actual flight stability? And is it affecting your video stability as well? I have had my gimbal for a week now so all flights have been on the latest update and I'm overall quite unimpressed with the stability of my video. I have thrown some challenges at it such as shooting medium and narrow on the GoPro and flying in wind but the results are not up to what I expected. I'm getting much more stable video from my Phantoms in all conditions.
P3 is the better bird as it is currently.

Yea mine was great before this update now it drifts up down left and right constantly, no matter how many sats and my gimbal does its job, but with the bird moving my video is terrible. Wind isn't an issue and stability of video is ok it's just constantly moving like it's fine tuning its position, but it never gets there. Everything's ok in manual, but there's a lot of times especially lately that it's too windy to use for footage. I've been working a ton and apparently 3dr won't answer till I provide the last ten logs and video, I already sent my logs, explanation, proof of purchase, pics of my serial numbers and a couple other things, but haven't had time between work and kids to download the new software and send out the rest of my logs. Trying to make time today, I just got off work now though so gota hurry before something else pops up.

Earl did you mean you were sent a new GPS board or what exactly, I've done the mod and mine too was great then suddenly wa wah just went to crap. I now drift all over and even though I get sats quickly, I also lose them just as fast in flight, even in open areas above any trees or issues that used to cause problems. Very dissapointing to say the least, hope they give me some decent news after I send the rest of this stuff to em. Thing that sucks is I did a reset so I don't think my old logs are available, hope that's not used against me if something needs repaired.

Yea mine was great before this update now it drifts up down left and right constantly, no matter how many sats and my gimbal does its job, but with the bird moving my video is terrible. Wind isn't an issue and stability of video is ok it's just constantly moving like it's fine tuning its position, but it never gets there. Everything's ok in manual, but there's a lot of times especially lately that it's too windy to use for footage. I've been working a ton and apparently 3dr won't answer till I provide the last ten logs and video, I already sent my logs, explanation, proof of purchase, pics of my serial numbers and a couple other things, but haven't had time between work and kids to download the new software and send out the rest of my logs. Trying to make time today, I just got off work now though so gota hurry before something else pops up.

Earl did you mean you were sent a new GPS board or what exactly, I've done the mod and mine too was great then suddenly wa wah just went to crap. I now drift all over and even though I get sats quickly, I also lose them just as fast in flight, even in open areas above any trees or issues that used to cause problems. Very dissapointing to say the least, hope they give me some decent news after I send the rest of this stuff to em. Thing that sucks is I did a reset so I don't think my old logs are available, hope that's not used against me if something needs repaired.
Yes, they sent me a new board. As you likely know, it goes in on 2 minutes.

Hope they do the same for me, I've got to try the stick cal today as well but beside that I've tried all I know. I've calibrated, taken apart, rerouted and made sure all is plugged in and other ideas to no avail, hope to figure it out soon I'm now missing the fall shots after missing all summer, pretty bummed honestly. Still love solo, but would love to have it working well again. From posts here it seems at one time or another well more than half the solos out have had one issue or another arise, I hope this trend ends soon and we can all be having worry free times for a while finally. Cautiously optimistic at this point in this happening, they seem to be working things out, but now these updates like dji have been doing some unexpected things or there's some coincidences happening often. Either way things go I'll post what comes of my current situation good or bad.

Hope they do the same for me, I've got to try the stick cal today as well but beside that I've tried all I know. I've calibrated, taken apart, rerouted and made sure all is plugged in and other ideas to no avail, hope to figure it out soon I'm now missing the fall shots after missing all summer, pretty bummed honestly. Still love solo, but would love to have it working well again. From posts here it seems at one time or another well more than half the solos out have had one issue or another arise, I hope this trend ends soon and we can all be having worry free times for a while finally. Cautiously optimistic at this point in this happening, they seem to be working things out, but now these updates like dji have been doing some unexpected things or there's some coincidences happening often. Either way things go I'll post what comes of my current situation good or bad.
I would zero in like a laser on the goal of getting them to send you a board :)

Reactions: Adimuzio513

Well, maybe the silver lining is that your Solo was working fine until the update. If it can be broken by a firmware update it should be fixable by one too, right? The frustrating part for me, and i think a lot of people here, is the amount of effort that we are having to put into making this thing work the way it should. I know that a lot of folks here came to Solo through the model aircraft hobbyist world and are able and willing to do endless mods and tinkering. I, like you, have virtually no time to be tinkering with the Solo to get acceptable performance. I need professional tools and equipment to perform out of the box. I really want Solo to be the professional tool that 3DR sold it as, and I'm trying hard to keep that optimism, but it's getting harder. I'll definitely give 3DR more time to work things out, but in the meantime, for professional use, the Solo will not be making any appearances on the production set except as a last ditch plan in the event that all of my Phantoms have catastrophic issues.

I would zero in like a laser on the goal of getting them to send you a board :)
Earl, do you think they have modified/updated the board, or yours was just bad? I have been wondering if 3DR is continually making changes to Solo as they get feedback. Do you think a Solo ordered and produced now would have different components from one ordered months ago?

Yea I normally am not quite so busy and don't mind the tinkering, but my big concern is if like it seems a lot of the issues are being fixed by hardware swaps than were in for a long road of continuous fixes. I enjoy tinkering to make things better, but tinkering all the time to make them useable is what I'm worried about. I just want it to work really, once it's fixed I'll be happy again, I'm just overworked the past couple weeks, tired and would like to get some videos before it gets down to zero.

I'm working on what will hopefully be the last of what 3dr needs to give me an answer then wel see. I'm curious why they need this extra info to let me in on what's up, I'm sure they already know what's going on so I almost feel like im being tested to see if I'll keep it up at this point. The video shows very little, just movement and the other logs will be the same as those already sent, but I'll jump through another hoop and hope my 1500+ bucks can fly ok soon.

Thanks for all the tips and info, I'll add in my email that I believe the GPS board may be the issue and see what happens.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig