PixHawk and FW-450

Reaction score
Nice to see a PixHawk forum here! Yes, if you fly a PixHawk, you're also a 3DR pilot!

I fly a 3DR PixHawk on a home brew quad, using a DJI FW-F450 frame. I'm also using the DJI E300 power package using 2212/920 KV motors and their DJI propellers. I fly it mostly using a 4S battery (even though most people fly 3S batteries with these motors).

I'm using a FrSKY Taranis transmitter and X8R receiver.

For data downlink, I have the 3DR 915 MHz radio and micro USB dongle for my smart phone.

It also has a FatShark 700CCD Camera hard mounted on it as well as a 5.8 GHz 600 mW video downlink transmitter.

I haven't flown it in a while as I'm having too much fun with my Solo at the Moment. ;)

Well if I ever build something it will be PixHawk for sure. Just needs to be FPV with decent range/battery life.

Not sure I can build the machine I want and keep price low. When I say low I mean losable without crying :)

I seem to have more fun with something I can afford to lose. Problem is my no cry threshold is about 82 bucks.

I hear you! But it's nice to know everything about your bird. And the nice thing about using the PixHawk is that almost everything you learn is applicable to the Solo!

Hi..
Is there any way you could post pictures of your DJI with pixhawk wiring set up? i have the pixhawk that i want install on an S1000 but using the A2 for the time being. Still waiting on Zenmuse gimbal to come in via BHPhoto backorder... i don't think the zenmuse will work with pixhawk

Nice to see a PixHawk forum here! Yes, if you fly a PixHawk, you're also a 3DR pilot!

I fly a 3DR PixHawk on a home brew quad, using a DJI FW-F450 frame. I'm also using the DJI E300 power package using 2212/920 KV motors and their DJI propellers. I fly it mostly using a 4S battery (even though most people fly 3S batteries with these motors).

I'm using a FrSKY Taranis transmitter and X8R receiver.

For data downlink, I have the 3DR 915 MHz radio and micro USB dongle for my smart phone.

It also has a FatShark 700CCD Camera hard mounted on it as well as a 5.8 GHz 600 mW video downlink transmitter.

I haven't flown it in a while as I'm having too much fun with my Solo at the Moment. ;)

Really? I'm surprised since both the flight controller and GPS have the 3DR logo.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986