Peau Productions Software

Reaction score
Questions for the Peau Production users:

I've read on their site that Peau removes the GoPro software and replaces with theirs.

Does this affect control of the GoPro via 3DR's app in any way?

Affect control with Tower?

They don't really do anything to the gopro "software". All they do is remove the lens profile for the stock gopro lens from the gopro firmware. If you don't do that, then you will get pink hues in the corners of your images/video when using an aftermarket lens with a narrower FOV than the stocks very wide angle lens. It affects nothing else other than the image. Gopro adds that in to compensate for the color warping that occurs with their stock lens. You don't notice it until you replace the lens because it will still be compensated for, even though there isn't anything to compensate any longer. Removing the stock profile tells the camera not to add extra artificial color masking.

There's a section on Peau's website that shows what the gopro lens profile adds: Download: Remove GoPro Lens Profile(No Pink Corners) – Peau Productions

I installed mine myself. So I still have the Gopro lens profile. Seems to only cause a problem with the sun in front of me. Fairly easy to crop out though.
Regards,
David R. Boulanger

They don't really do anything to the gopro "software". All they do is remove the lens profile for the stock gopro lens from the gopro firmware. If you don't do that, then you will get pink hues in the corners of your images/video when using an aftermarket lens with a narrower FOV than the stocks very wide angle lens. It affects nothing else other than the image. Gopro adds that in to compensate for the color warping that occurs with their stock lens. You don't notice it until you replace the lens because it will still be compensated for, even though there isn't anything to compensate any longer. Removing the stock profile tells the camera not to add extra artificial color masking.

There's a section on Peau's website that shows what the gopro lens profile adds: Download: Remove GoPro Lens Profile(No Pink Corners) – Peau Productions
The downloadable fix is new I think. Time to do it

Ok I understand now! Thanks for the awesome breakdown.

Aside from the obvious savings by having Peau modify my existing GoPro, is there any reason I should choose a Peau "factory" GoPro over sending mine in?

Thanks!

Aside from the obvious savings by having Peau modify my existing GoPro, is there any reason I should choose a Peau "factory" GoPro over sending mine in?

Thanks!
I don't think so. It's not hard to do it your self and you still have the original lens.
Regards,
David R. Boulanger

Thanks!

I sent my GoPro 4 Black in after watching the install video, and realizing it was probably too hard for me to do. I do not regret getting the Peau Productions 3.97mm for my GoPro. I love the rectilinear shots without any correction.

Current remote profile app was broken recently when GoPro changed the way their website works for manually downloading firmware. We'll have a brand new version coming out next week which will completely fix this issue and also support Hero 5.

Any further questions please let us know.
I purchased your firmware download about an hour ago. How long does it usually take before the file is ready to download?

That's what I was thinking. I'll just have to be patient I guess

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44