Pairing Problem

be patient when pairing. I was on phone with support when mine was new out of the box and would not pair. we were on our second factory reset and repair when the guy on the phone was setting up the rma, like 5 minutes after I hit the pair button and suddenly it just paired

Hi everyone,

Sorry for not responding sooner. I ended up having to send my Solo into 3DR. The support was very easy to deal with and super informative. Also the turnaround was very fast. I was expecting 6 weeks and it was back in two. Since it's been back I've had no problems.

One Quick Story that might be helpful:
Long story short, prior to all these problems my Solo had a few rough landings. I would press the fly button to get it to land but it would just end up bouncing on the ground aggressively until it flipped itself over. On one of these aggressive landings, it flew itself into the bumper of my friend's car.

Because of this I was afraid to let it land itself again. So the next time I caught it in my hand instead. But the propellers wouldn't stop. So I carefully reached up to try to power it down manually. Because I was worried about the propellers hitting my hand, I wasn't being very careful. So instead of finding the power button I found the battery eject button. So I forced the battery out by mistake while the Solo was still in full operation.

I'm not sure if it was the face-first crash into my friend's car or the accidentally battery eject, but it was after this that my controller and Solo refused to pair up. Maybe someone can learn from my mistake.

One last, less-related thing, is that I now always catch the Solo instead of letting it touch the ground whenever possible. Once the landing mode is initiated, I simply let it land in my hand gently. If you hold your hand steady, it will think it's on the ground and power down it's propellers. If not, hold A+B+Pause at the same time (a bit difficult with one hand).
The best way to land, as others have suggested, is to slowly lower your Solo to the ground. When it touches ground just keep the left stick (i.e. throttle) down until the motors turn off. After a few seconds the Solo detects that it is no longer descending and shuts off the motors.

A few months ago, I tried the auto-land feature and got the same bouncing. I've never tried it again.

If you must hand catch, don't try to set the Solo down, just hold it firmly in place and throttle down the left stick until the motors shut off. Obviously, hand catching is not recommended - see image in this thread - but sometimes there is no choice (eg. your in rocky, uneven terrain and not able to get back to a safe landing spot, or your landing on a boat that is rocking and you can't get the Solo back to shore safely, etc.)

It's not easy catching the Solo in one hand and throttling down the left stick in the other (a lanyard helps), but it can be done.

Thanks for posting that information. I've never seen that.
So is everything in order now? Are you in the air?
Yes I am thanks. Although I just had an idea cider with it again not pairing and it won't factory reset so I ha e to send it in. Hope it comes back quickly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44