Paint Job...

Can you detail how you did this? Your carbon fiber wrap that is...
Is very easy, actually easier than the one piece kit which I ruined at first. Get the best quality wrap, 3M is the best, use primer, again 3M makes a good quality one, cut pieces for
The main body, sides, front and back, use a sig zag scizor for the cuts for a better look, star wrapping the body sides first
Then front and rear, use heat gun to stretch around the arms
Then do the wrist of the arms and finally around the motors
Always inter lapping the seems on every joint, cut ecxess material with razor blade, it make it easier if you remove the motors pods light covers and battery tray.

What exactly did you use to make the black lines???
Who me? Actually some self leveling adhesive, more like a potting RTV. I just held the tube about two feet above and started letting it string out over the frame. Once the body was painted you could pick off the rubber to reveal the black. To be honest I should have left the adhesive on, really made gripping the frame easy once the paint was chipped away.

I believe I used an RTV118, kind of pricey. I did find a DAP brand at HD that was in a crystal clear tube, it may work the same at a third of the cost. I think it dries much slower is why I didn't use it...

The skate board paint idea used Elmers glue I think...they used a pressure washer to remove the paint/glue. Just didn't seem right for the solo frame.

Test before you mess up your frame. Painter's tape to mask all the other parts.

Looks fantastic! I took the lazy route and just used skins on two of my Solos. They look great, but not as good as yours.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44