Orbit Settings

Reaction score
I must be missing something, how do you adjust the orbit shot radius (iOS)?

I can see the manual says use the right stick, at what point in flight or shot setup?

Can you lower the radius to less than 65 feet? When I move the right stick up or down, does not effect the radius distance in the app, just moves the copter a bit, anyone?

The right stick only works once you have started the orbit.

The question is how do you change the radius before entering the orbit....I also want to know this.

To answer your question specifically; I'm not sure. I'm guessing like RTH, the Orbit starting radius is hard coded and can't be changed (unless you tweak the code) until you actually start the action. I also think 65' is really safe since Solo isn't actually locking on a physical target, it's locking on a GPS coordinate and with that thought process, if a target is any larger than 30' out from it's center; 65' is just the right distance (in my opinion).

I want to orbit something with a larger orbit number, not smaller.

There is a circle radius parameter that you can access thru tower, that might be the number. I'll mess with that later.

Set your orbit center point. Fly the Solo out the radius you want and make the second setpoint. You have speed options under the bottom right menu but cant set the radius there.

Thanks Rich,
Makes sense, and that works for what I'm trying to do.
How to set the orbit center point?

You just fly to above where you want to set center. I envisioned different when 3DR talked about it in videos.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M