Orbit mode without application .. Is it possible?

Reaction score
I wonder if there is a way to make the orbit completely manual regardless of the application. And I think it's going to be more ergonomic to use Solo circularly.

Maybe it could be a contribution to the people working on the software.

For example, reaching the target point and staying at the hover to determine the center point (Button A); define the radius limit of the circle away from the target point (Button B).

In step 3; direction of the circular movement according to the aileron stick directions in the control and also the control of the altitude with the throttle stick.

Is there a way to do this?

You can perform all that with an orbit smart shot, you just run it manually...like any smart shot. Altitude, circumference and camera angle can be adjusted on the fly... No app required, once the tricks are learned.

I fly orbits manually all the time, no smart shot. Just a little bit of yaw and a little bit of roll with a touch of forward.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Hezarfen
You can perform all that with an orbit smart shot, you just run it manually...like any smart shot. Altitude, circumference and camera angle can be adjusted on the fly... No app required, once the tricks are learned.

I fly orbits manually all the time, no smart shot. Just a little bit of yaw and a little bit of roll with a touch of forward.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Good shot..

Yes, it seems possible with talented fingers. But in terms of cinematography, the slide in the middle of the frame should be reduced to the smallest.

If we go through the compasses example; position may be a good solution for fixing the button on the remote control. It does not seem possible with existing applications and software. I hope the OpenSolo developers will consider this idea.

New generation Gps receivers (M8 Series) provide 50 cm position accuracy. This means that even a location on a tree can be defined. Of course, regardless of "Return To Home"! Then, to get away a bit and to determine the outer boundary of the circle... Galactic turn left after altitude and camera angle are set

Yes, it seems possible with talented fingers. But in terms of cinematography, the slide in the middle of the frame should be reduced to the smallest
Sure, no problem, that's where post editing and software take over. That was just a video showing off a manual orbit with speed. Notice I was above the object to reduce any contact while picking up speed....momma didn't raise no fool. Actually it is not a difficult maneuver and can be a spontaneous shot among others. But sure, riding a rail is more predictable.

To set an orbit smart shot (assume A or B button set for an Orbit shot) without the application, iirc. You center your drone over the ROI by tilting your camera straight down to center, set A. Then pull back on the left stick for your diameter, adjust altitude, camera angle, then set B. It's a trial and error effort to set accurately, but like anything practice makes perfect. However with the app you could save the shot for session after session repeated shot.

RTK GPS would be the stuff to have for smart shots, almost dead-on accuracy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig