Opensolo startup blue LED "scanning" circular chase pattern.

Reaction score
I'm going to go look and see if I can find it.
I LOVE how it looks and how it alternates all four LED pods sequentially like that.
Do you know where the startup script is that does that.
I'd like to copy that part of it and use that pattern in flight! or use it as another starting point to do some cool patterns.
Starting with just an exact copy because it looks so cool! but you only get to see it for about one second on startup.

Last edited:
Dang...
I think that might be hardcoded in the pixhawk.
I don't see where it's getting done on startup anywhere.
And doing it from the command line might not be fast enough or capable of getting that cool fast sequencing.
Or maybe it will?!?

Looks a bit different than led_control.py

Also all four LEDs do not simultaneously flash they sequence in a circular pattern very quickly.
set_rgb(OREOLED_INSTANCE_ALL, OREOLED_PATTERN_STROBE, 0, 0, 255,0,0,0,PERIOD_SUPER,0);

No idea what PERIOD_SUPER does and seems to be nonexistent in led_control.py command desc

It looks like maybe by applying a phase_offset to each pod may do this.
But I don't see how they are doing this in arducopter.

I'll have to try it that.

It is not the same as the py file. The py file is talking to arducopter separately over mavlink and overrides. They are not flashing in sequence, it just appears that way. It's random and out of sync because at that point in booting up, the lights are not yet synchronized. Period_X is the flash rate as defined here.

Oh, they are most definitely in sequence!
And it looks totally badass when it boots up.
I am unable to accomplish this yet with the command line utility.

Here's a video link of it frame by frame in a frame editor:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I've got good eyes and I can see that clearly even at high speed everytime I power it up.
It sweeps the ground it a cool perfectly sequenced circular pattern.

That's just because of the order in which the signals are sent to the lights. They are not synchronized and not doing that on purpose. It's simply coincidence. As you can see from the code, there is no phase offset for any of the lights. The same exact signal and phase is sent to all four lights at once.

The only way to achieve what your desiring on purpose for any actual amount of time is to code a different phase offset for each light. Once the sync function begins executing, everything will be synchronized and the phase offset is what determines how the lights flash and respect to one another.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc