Open Solo

Reaction score
Hi guys! I'm back to the forum after a long hiatus of flying my Solo. Lol

Now I'm wondering if I've missed the Open Solo latest update. I might have forgotten a lot of stuff since. How do I check what version I have installed currently?

Where do I go to keep myself updated on current developments of Open Solo or other firmware, or hardware updates/new releases?

I'm so overwhelmed with so many new posts out here now.

Reaction score
Open Solo 3 is still the current. ArduCopter 3.7-dev can be installed once you have Open Solo. The solo beta test group on facebook is the best place.

Reactions: AlienPanda
Reaction score
There have been no reported flyaways issues reported with OS3 and later versions of ArduCopter correct?

Reaction score
I am still too to try it My old solo has been flying great with an old version of the original firmware. All I needed to do was update the GPS to the mRO replacement.

She's been flying well for three years!

I added an Autel Evo to my drone fleet.
Maiden flight will be tomorrow. Taking the Solo and all 4 batteries to the airfield too. Hopefully the Evo will fly as well as the Solo.

Reaction score
I fired up my Insignia tablet and purchased Solex. I hope the tablet is still up to snuff to run Solex. Couldn’t find any info on how to root the thing, I’d like for it to be as minimal as possible. No Android updates available for it. As soon as I check the mRo GPS, I’m going to give Open Solo and ArduCopter 3.7 a go.

Reaction score
Can I go directly from the Open Solo update to loading the ArduCopter 3.7 update without performing the level and compass calibrations?

Reaction score
I answered my own question last night. I was able to connect, check and reset my mRo GPS, it was ok though, just GPS and GLOSNASS we’re enabled. Downloaded and installed Open Solo followed by ArduCopter 3.7 without having to do the calibration between installs.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maraben