Open Solo SD Card Image.7z

Reaction score
I'm looking for a little assistance in finding the "Open Solo SD Card Image.7z" zip file on Github Release Attachments.

It contains the SD Card Images to perform Manual installation of Open Solo 3.0.0. for the Controller and Solo.

I've browsed around the OpenSolo Repository on Github, and I guess I just don't know where to find this file that is referenced in this post: OpenSolo/documentation

As stated in the instructions, they're on the release page: Open Solo 3.0.0 Release
Thanks! For whatever reason I could not find THAT particular page. Read through so much other documentation and just could not end up on the page you're pointing me too. I appreciate that.

Update: OK, read more on the Open Solo Release Page. I think all the rest of my answers are there (and will resolve the ArduCopter F/W versioning that I was unclear on. Thanks again!

Last edited:
Hi there!
I am trying to do Manual SD Card Image Install but the Win32DiskImager and other programs tell me that there´s not enough space en the SD card (extracted from the copter)... The Open Solo 3.0.0 Copter SD Image was extracted with 7z.

what could it be?

The file is a 7+ GB image. The SD card or download needs to be copied to at least an 8GB capacity device.

The file is a 7+ GB image. The SD card or download needs to be copied to at least an 8GB capacity device.

yeap... i know that, and the "original" sd card on the copter is an 8GB card, and if you do the upgrade thru Solex there´s no capacity issues... but if you try to do it "manually" there is this problem (at least in my case, i tried on win10 and win7)...
I had to use a 16GB micro SD card to do the install manually (on the copter, the controller image fits perfectly on an 8GB card).

Found the same issue with the Copter files. They will not burn onto the original 8Gb SD card. The open Solo image is actually 8.04Gb in Size.
As the card has only 7.95Gb free that leaves a shortfall of 87.03Mb.

So how does Solex, or in my case, SidePilot manage to do that?
The post install script in SidePilot fails which is why I am trying to do it manually.

Solex and SidePilot are not burning SD card images. They're running installer scripts on the copter and controller that use an 80mb zip file.

I do not know why that card image is more than 8GB now. I created Open Solo those card images myself off the 8GB cards in my copter and controller in December 2017. I then wrote that image back to the SD cards several times to verify. Numerous other people have used them as well with no problems. Something happened to them, or to the application doing the burning in the last year to make them now all of a sudden be greater than 8GB. I get the same error now.

Glad it's not just me :rolleyes:
Could that also be causing the post install.sh file to fail?
I get a good upload to the copter, all seems to go well until it hits the post install.sh then fails.

Also, does the imx6 board care if it is talking to Pixhawk1 or a Cube?
I have tried both with the same result.

Glad it's not just me :rolleyes:
Could that also be causing the post install.sh file to fail?
I get a good upload to the copter, all seems to go well until it hits the post install.sh then fails.

Also, does the imx6 board care if it is talking to Pixhawk1 or a Cube?
I have tried both with the same result.
The installers through Solex and sidepilot are not using those images. Totally unrelated. If you're post install is failing, it means your copter or controller are not in the proper state to begin the install. Such as you factory reset first.

I finally managed to squeeze the files onto the card by telling the SD software to only copy sectors with data.
Verify SD card said all was correct.
Put it back in the IMX6 and it all fired up OK.
I have another IMX6 to setup and will try to do as you suggested by doing a factory reset and going from there.

No, you should NOT do a factory reset first. Go through the instructions on the GitHub site. It explains this.

OK, so I am trying the direct write to sd card method, and I've got the controller card in my PC, however, that card shows up as 4 separate drives ....Latest (E , Golden (F , SDHC (G, and SDHC (H.
Confused as to which drive I need to write the new image file to?? Or should I just format the card clean and then load the new image file?
Never seen this before on a single sd card!

Attachments

• controller sd card.gif
    controller sd card.gif
    302.3 KB · Views: 51
OK, so I am trying the direct write to sd card method, and I've got the controller card in my PC, however, that card shows up as 4 separate drives ....Latest (E , Golden (F , SDHC (G, and SDHC (H.
Confused as to which drive I need to write the new image file to?? Or should I just format the card clean and then load the new image file?
Never seen this before on a single sd card!
No, you should not do that. You should follow the instructions.

Step 3 on the SD card instructions:
"Under device, make sure it is set to the SD card's drive letter on your PC. "

Sooooo....Which of the 4 drives listed on this card do I use????

After some more digging, I have found some references in a few posts here to the partition labeled "Golden" as a recovery drive, so my best guess here would be the E (latest) drive, so that leaves the 2 partitions labeled SDHC, (G & H).
If anyone knows for sure, I'd really appreciate knowing which one to load the image file to, as I am not really a fan of playing "Russian Roulette"!

After some more digging, I have found some references in a few posts here to the partition labeled "Golden" as a recovery drive, so my best guess here would be the E (latest) drive, so that leaves the 2 partitions labeled SDHC, (G & H).
If anyone knows for sure, I'd really appreciate knowing which one to load the image file to, as I am not really a fan of playing "Russian Roulette"!

You can't write an image to a partition or volume - it is an SD card image, it puts the volumes and files on the SD card.

At any point, while the SD card is in your PC, cancel all messages about formatting disks.

Use Windows Disk Management to delete all 4 volumes on the SD card. Then follow the current procedure from the GitHub site.

You can probably just pick any one of them and it will work. The application is writing over the entire card, not just a partition. I don't know why you are seeing more than one partition, usually only one is visible to Windows. But it shouldn't matter.

You can't write an image to a partition or volume - it is an SD card image, it puts the volumes and files on the SD card.

At any point, while the SD card is in your PC, cancel all messages about formatting disks.

Use Windows Disk Management to delete all 4 volumes on the SD card. Then follow the current procedure from the GitHub site.

Thank you sir, that is exactly what I needed to know!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc