Open Solo installation failed, looking for troubleshooting help

Reaction score
The background is, I recieved this solo/controller from a freind, they were operating normally but I was unable to get the wifi password (to connect solex and use live video feed), so I reset the drone and controller to factory default. Problem was I didn't see a way to update to stock software for the preflight update, so I bought the solex app and started the procedure to install opensolo. I attempted to install opensolo last night for contoller and drone, but now controller is stuck in preflight update, and the drone right orange LED is flashing rapidly with flight lights stuck on a solid color.

Solex doesn't recognize any vehicle when connected over wifi.

I attempted to install open solo last night, followed instructions here (OpenSolo/documentation). I got an installation error for both the drone and controller, saying "something went wrong during the update. The error message is: /home/root/postinstall.sh exited with code 1". After this happened I factory reset the drone hoping that my situation was similar to another user's here, being that the install was successful but the flag for reset was not.

At this point Im feeling a little out of my comfort zone and so I hope someone can help me go from here. I appreciate any assistance!

The open solo installation is failing on purpose. One of the pre-install checks in the script I wrote is looking to see if you're in the factory reset state (on the recovery partition), and to abort if that's the case. That is currently the scenario you are in. This is why the instructions say it needs to be working order and will not work otherwise :).

After you factory reset the controller and copter, did you pair them? Presuming you did, you just need to use the old 3DR Solo app to get them up to the snuff on the current 3DR firmware. Then Open Solo will install fine.

The open solo installation is failing on purpose. One of the pre-install checks in the script I wrote is looking to see if you're in the factory reset state (on the recovery partition), and to abort if that's the case. That is currently the scenario you are in. This is why the instructions say it needs to be working order and will not work otherwise :).

After you factory reset the controller and copter, did you pair them? Presuming you did, you just need to use the old 3DR Solo app to get them up to the snuff on the current 3DR firmware. Then Open Solo will install fine.
The solo 3dr app fails to launch on my pixel 2 xl, it hasn't been updated in years.

I was afraid that might be the case. That app is very quickly becoming obsolete. The best I can tell today is to use the SD card installation instructions, which bypasses the applications completely.

I was afraid that might be the case. That app is very quickly becoming obsolete. The best I can tell today is to use the SD card installation instructions, which bypasses the applications completely.
I didn't know that was an option. Did someone crate a guide on the forum?

Link to all open solo documentation is in my signature.

When Open Solo 4 comes out, it will have the ability to install from the recovery partition as well. Biggest driver for that is the old 3DR app circling the drain, so I can't rely on users to be able to update with that first. It's actually what I am working on as we speak.

When Open Solo 4 comes out, it will have the ability to install from the recovery partition as well. Biggest driver for that is the old 3DR app circling the drain, so I can't rely on users to be able to update with that first. It's actually what I am working on as we speak.
Well myself and the community appreciate the hard work! Ill look into the stock update process tomorrow.

Are you comfortable giving an eta on open solo 4? I just saw I'll have to take apart my solo and controller which I'm nervous about.

No, but I could hook you up with my beta that I'm flying to get you out of the jam later this evening. Are you familiar with SSH/SCP with the solo?

No, but I could hook you up with my beta that I'm flying to get you out of the jam later this evening. Are you familiar with SSH/SCP with the solo?
Hey paddles, do you still recommend an SD card installation after a factory reset?

hi i have installed now open solo 4

i would like to change led colors, now are back both yellow and front one red and one green, where i can found this on the files?

exsample all blue and flash

thanks in advance

The are a range of colour option I'm the Solex vehicle settings menu.

yes i know, but i dont like this 2 yellow and one red and one green on open solo 4 i would like to change this color to the origina (red on the back green on the front)

Change parameter NTF_OREO_THEME to a value of 2. That set it back to rover theme instead of aviation them.

"exsample all blue and flash"

Are you an Azures fan? [emoji5]

@ DJMc

:) was just example but look great in the night, people think is a police copter :)))))

Reactions: DJMc

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc