open solo 4.0 from the scratch in preflight update state.

Reaction score
Hi, I bought a new 3DR Solo several years ago. Last year I tried to fly it but I did a hard reset because of the password and then y could pass the “preflight step”, then I found Solex app and tried to update it to Open Solo 4.0. After several months, today I started the fight again, because I thought it was pairing issue, but today I paired it and tried again, but I get the message “There is no vehicle” from the Solex app and I am stuck again. I have red almost all the wikis. Today at this time I am thinking to take another strategy of open solo’s installation, but I need know some topics, here are my questions:

• It is possible to know if I have a green cube or other without opening my copter? I don’t know mine it is from the box.
  • Do I need to complete an additional step to install open solo 4.0 considering that I am in the “preflight update” step?
Thank you very much for your support.

Hi, I bought a new 3DR Solo several years ago. Last year I tried to fly it but I did a hard reset because of the password and then y could pass the “preflight step”, then I found Solex app and tried to update it to Open Solo 4.0. After several months, today I started the fight again, because I thought it was pairing issue, but today I paired it and tried again, but I get the message “There is no vehicle” from the Solex app and I am stuck again. I have red almost all the wikis. Today at this time I am thinking to take another strategy of open solo’s installation, but I need know some topics, here are my questions:

• It is possible to know if I have a green cube or other without opening my copter? I don’t know mine it is from the box.
  • Do I need to complete an additional step to install open solo 4.0 considering that I am in the “preflight update” step?
Thank you very much for your support.
You can see the cube from the gimbal bay but some "green cubes" were made with a black cover, not green.

Installing Open Solo 4 can be done when the Preflight Update is required. No extra steps. Install Open Solo · OpenSolo/OpenSolo Wiki

Reactions: BetBar
BetBar - Were you able to get your controller and drone working and running on Open Solo 4.0?

Thanks for asking, lagoon100. I really appreciate it. I will give a try next weekend. In the past I run the SSH way, with no look. I still ask my self if the copter is ready to achieve the update, because I run the SSH tutorial and as I did not get any results I did a factory reset again. The current state of the copter is started is 2 red lights and 2 white; and a blinking orange light (I guess asking for paring). I opened the ginbal bay as Jonbrotherton suggested and it seems I have black cube installed.

Thanks for your reply. I'm at about the same stage. I also got the controller and drone paired as well as got the Open Solo 4 controller and drone downloads, downloaded to phone/Solex. I can log onto the controller wifi with my phone/Solex using the password sololink but the controller/drone are not communicating with the phone/Solex even though it says wifi is connected. I turned on location and have no VPN programs running as many post have recommended would resolve this issue, but still no go. I also disassembled the drone and checked the micro sd with my computer, push it back into the drone sd slot several times, reassembled drone, but still no go. Have also follow the startup sequence noted in several threads many times but still no go. But will keep trying.
Otherwise I'm set to load Open Solo 4 to the Controller and Drone if I can resolve this communication issue. I'm sure from what I've read there will be other issue to come after that lol.
Keep me posted on your progress and if you have any breakthroughs! Thanks

Also tried 3 different phone to see if that was an issue, mind you they were all the same brand. LG G3, LG G5 and LG G6. All seem to have the same connection with the controller/drone.

Thanks for your reply. I'm at about the same stage. I also got the controller and drone paired as well as got the Open Solo 4 controller and drone downloads, downloaded to phone/Solex. I can log onto the controller wifi with my phone/Solex using the password sololink but the controller/drone are not communicating with the phone/Solex even though it says wifi is connected. I turned on location and have no VPN programs running as many post have recommended would resolve this issue, but still no go. I also disassembled the drone and checked the micro sd with my computer, push it back into the drone sd slot several times, reassembled drone, but still no go. Have also follow the startup sequence noted in several threads many times but still no go. But will keep trying.
Otherwise I'm set to load Open Solo 4 to the Controller and Drone if I can resolve this communication issue. I'm sure from what I've read there will be other issue to come after that lol.
Keep me posted on your progress and if you have any breakthroughs! Thanks
Hi lagoon100, keep trying, I will make you notice if I have any success in the process. Maybe someone can help us to know if we can solve this, buying a green cube and installing it. Other option that I've been thinking is the USB connection available from the Solex App, I do not know how does it work and if it can help in our case. Too many questions. I want to try again the Open Solo 4.0 SSH startup, but I am not very positive. Best luck for you lagoon100.

Also tried 3 different phone to see if that was an issue, mind you they were all the same brand. LG G3, LG G5 and LG G6. All seem to have the same connection with the controller/drone.
But. Was that with 3dr original app? That can't work because the most recent updates are not able since they remove the files or the service.

No. It was with Solex. I was able to find and download the Open Solo 4 files to the phone/Solex. I am ready to upload the files to the Controller and Drone but Solex cannot find them. Phone wifi is connect to phone/Solex successfully, but with I click the Solex Connect button at the upper left of the screen, Solex says it cannot find Solo.

No. It was with Solex. I was able to find and download the Open Solo 4 files to the phone/Solex. I am ready to upload the files to the Controller and Drone but Solex cannot find them. Phone wifi is connect to phone/Solex successfully, but with I click the Solex Connect button at the upper left of the screen, Solex says it cannot find Solo.
Exactly the same in my case.

Going to try the detailed procedure Ribs gave me on this thread I started. If it doesn't work may try a SD flash.

Solex Not Finding Solo, Hardware or Phone Problem?​

Sorry, Here is a link to the thread.

Yes, I had done that. I follow the sequence provided by Ribs on the above referenced thread...and a bit more fiddling and got it everything communicating and Open Solo 4 installed on the controller and drone. Thanks for your suggestion. Just have to do the post install calibration. Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo