Open solo 3.0.0

Lol I'm not trying to step on p2ps toes I just want my solo to fly right again. I do notice that even with my broken compass and drifting issues now that the landing is in fact much smoother it's off 5-6 feet (not unusual) but I guess that has more to do with my compass than the software
That was a Joke but He is still gonna Rip you lol...

That was a Joke but He is still gonna Rip you lol...
Let him rip away. I'm just here learning and I pick up a lot of useful info from you guys here. I'm the first to admit when I need a stern ripping lol

Reactions: XevetS
I also noticed something really weird with my leds front starboard side stays white as it's suppose too, front port side stays green when armed now...? Both back leds stay red as they always were. It started this after I disconnected the leg compass and ran calibration. Any idea what this is trying to tell me. My guess is that it's notifying me about the compass.???

Also. If I'm not mistaken there are two sd cards onboard the solo. One in the WiFi card and another on the pixhawk itself(I've not removed the pixhawk so I don't know this for sure) it seems somewhere in a picture I seen that it does have the second card... now as I said I did not pull this one I wasn't even aware it was there.. was I supposed to. Do I need to change any of those files..?

This usually indicates a Motor pod issue, you can swap pods to the opposite arm diagonally and see if the error follows.
I think I've decided to replace the main board I see one on currentuas for 60$ you know better safe than sorry I would hate for my solo to fly away or worse someone get hurt.

I think I've decided to replace the main board I see one on currentuas for 60$ you know better safe than sorry I would hate for my solo to fly away or worse someone get hurt.
I guess I'll be able to check out the motor pods then by swapping them.

I guess I'll be able to check out the motor pods then by swapping them.
This is going to leave me with some extra parts laying around the controller from my first solo, the broken motherboard, and a few spare racestar 2312s. I'd like to use these parts on a build. Something small and lighter. Maybe like a vendetta style frame.

Another thing I should have mentioned way before now is that I don't have the standard gps installed in my solo. Really I'm just noticing this myself and giving it thought. I hadn't payed it much mind because I could see the small piece of cardboard (a mod I'm not thrilled with as I live in high humidity area) under the copper shield so I assumed the previous owner had simply added the cardboard block. However after peeling it back to check out the work I find that he had actually installed a ublox m8m like the one pictured. Mine does not have the square piece that is attached (I don't know what that is) but aside from that it is the exact same one. Could this attribute to my solo still being amazing stable considering what I broke (by the way I'm thinking now that I may not have originally broke it installing the new sd's I think I magnetized the screw on it). Also I want to apologize to p2p the program after trying it out a few time runs great thank you for bringing our solos into the future

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180522-080955.png
    Screenshot_20180522-080955.png
    328.2 KB · Views: 8
I am hoping that the piece there that I don't recognize is possibly a magnetometer? And I could possibly negate my broken compass by adding this?

That square white piece is the ceramic antenna for that particular GPS module in that picture.

The ceramic antenna is incorporated into the GPS module that's on your Solo, that picture is not what is installed in your Solo or it would not even acquire satellites without the ceramic antenna.....it' has nothing to do with a compass...

3drgps.jpg This is the stock GPS Module Note the Ceramic antenna? You most likely did not see this when you had the solo apart because it's located on top beneath the cover, you would have to remove the GPS module and turn it around to see it..

Last edited:
Pull off GPS cover snap a Pic of the GPS module and post it here...We will tell you exactly what module you have....
That square white piece is the ceramic antenna for that particular GPS module in that picture.

The ceramic antenna is incorporated into the GPS module that's on your Solo, that picture is not what is installed in your Solo or it would not even acquire satellites without the ceramic antenna.....it' has nothing to do with a compass...

View attachment 8784 This is the stock GPS Module Note the Ceramic antenna? You most likely did not see this when you had the solo apart because it's located on top beneath the cover, you would have to remove the GPS module and turn it around to see it..
ok I was just curious. I imagine the ceramic antenna must be under it and I just didn't see it. I ordered my new main board this morning. Pretty soon I'll have enough spare parts for a build. I think all I'm missing is getting the new pixhawk 2.1 so I can use the old one on the build. I need a wifi card and I'll pretty much have all the guts and a spare controller

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180605-151649.png
    Screenshot_20180605-151649.png
    422.3 KB · Views: 15
ok I was just curious. I imagine the ceramic antenna must be under it and I just didn't see it. I ordered my new main board this morning. Pretty soon I'll have enough spare parts for a build. I think all I'm missing is getting the new pixhawk 2.1 so I can use the old one on the build. I need a wifi card and I'll pretty much have all the guts and a spare controller
That's the m8n I have

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarkHKB40