Odd behavior today

Understood..Let me think about that offer a bit..Nah..Like the one I got! I know what you mean though. The hex and Pixhawk I built was always great to fly and one of the reasons I went with the Solo. I was flying Tower this weekend as well with multiple WPs, Splines with ROI and even the Tx off test.
Take Care Buddy..
I would say you better not let that one go for any price, Your very lucky as I did like the small foot print and the design.
It will come around it will just take time as I have faith in 3DR and next summer I'm sure there will be some great changes.
Have a great day Jubalr

How is the weather when you were flying, cloudy, gloomy etc? This seems like extremely odd behavior also what was you're GPS lock if you recall?
Weather was great and I had 10 plus sats and it never said it lost GPS. It was however fine in manual so I'm not sure if it's compensating for the motor pod or something else. I'll try again here in a bit, wish me luck.

I also had the unusual behavior, 3 or 4 times. On two of the occasions it crashed. Once, a very hard landing. Went back up for a test flight and it happened again. This time skidded sideways when trying to land, flipped, and ruined props. As a consequence, GOPRO (pre- leg extension) hit pavement resulting in a gimbal shaking that couldn't be resolved and was RMA'd. However, after sending ticket I did a Factory Reset. After that it flew perfectly. Support got back to me and said a detailed analysis showed a very intermittent and split second malfunction of Motor Pod #3 which they also RMA'd. I know what you are talking about. SOLO starts drifting, up, down, erratic behavior, can't seem to get control even when going to MANUAL. One of the occasions I was videoing a friends house in Tampa, lives on a saltwater canal. SOLO started descending after terminating a cable cam shot from about 40' down to about 5' before I was able to regain control. Left me shaking..lol. Try a Factory Reset. Do you have an RTF M8N by any chance? As many of you know, I flew for months (July 16) to early Sept. and was flawless. Something changed.
Somethings no doubt changed cause mines been flawless as well since June, just like Jubalr, yours and others and seems my southward gimbal flop, this and other odd things are all from the last updates. Mine was great with the firmware and app last round,with and without gimbal, hope this was a fluke or caused by solar activity like I believe the other time I had this with solo and p2 both on the same afternoon. Find out here shortly one way or another, but I did also fly p2 with luck yesterday cause my little cousin wanted to try it. Seems mines been better than most in the issues department, hope it stays that way, cause I really do love it when it's doing as it should

I had some strange behaviour today too... It was drifting and while I flying straight out it darted up then down and stopped. Then continued properly... I got nervous and brought er back in...
In Cable Cam mode I had the 3d app just close--twice a few minutes ago! The craft held motionless at about 80 feet thankfully, while I turned the app back on. Then it said 'FLY' meaning it went out of Cable Cam mode. That was good but WTF?

Bad news Not had an app crash or signal lose yet in over a hundred flights, my only app issue is the lag that just shouldn't be. I understand some occasional, but it's pretty consistent since the last update.

Good news, yesterday was a total fluke flew today sand place out over 1000 feet locked fast and was like a tripod again. I'm not sure what happened yesterday, but two days since June 13th I can live with issues comparitivley. Thank god I was kinda nervous honestly, back to Rick solid now though.

Bad news Not had an app crash or signal lose yet in over a hundred flights, my only app issue is the lag that just shouldn't be. I understand some occasional, but it's pretty consistent since the last update.

Good news, yesterday was a total fluke flew today sand place out over 1000 feet locked fast and was like a tripod again. I'm not sure what happened yesterday, but two days since June 13th I can live with issues comparitivley. Thank god I was kinda nervous honestly, back to Rick solid now though.
Good to hear..:)
I know when Solo got all disoriented on me that one day.. And then the next day it was fine..!! So I just rode it off as a glitchy day..!!
It seems like the Solo is pretty sensitive to the environment and what's around the Solo.. And sometimes it gets an attitude .. So it takes time to understand the solo.. It's like building a relationship with your Solo.. But not as bad as one with a women.. Well not yet anyways..lol

Reactions: Adimuzio513
Yea I'll take two pain in the ass days in 4 months from my woman any day, more like two non pita days in 4 months on my end.

Can't say for sure, but I did finally download Sam again and there was a lot of storms and solar activity yesterday. Last time I'm almost sure that caused it cause it was both birds, this time only solo so it's harder to say.

It's locking quicker again since calibrating too, I'm always impressed how much of a difference it makes, not sure why it slows again after a while or gets out of calibration though. I'd say anybody seeing sat locking slow up do both recals and you should see a huge improvement.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44