NTSC or PAL

Reaction score
I live in Russia. Namely, in Sochi.
Our system is PAL, my SOLO not want to show in the PAL only NTSC
Camera GoPro Black 3, not gimbal

Here in the UK the Standard is PAL but using NTSC is no problem that I can see. I think I read somewhere that 3DR were going to make PAL work with the App soon.

Here in the UK the Standard is PAL but using NTSC is no problem that I can see. I think I read somewhere that 3DR were going to make PAL work with the App soon.
Thanks Jim for information!

Who can check in? Powered he PAL?
I would say on 99% of cases, just use NTSC. Doesn't matter where you are. The PAL is only an issue if you were connecting the GoPro directly to a TV, which you aren't unless you are using the HDMI out on the controller. Once recorded, you output what ever you want.

And if I need to give the video on TV? We have a TV takes only PAL.
It's me, you must first transcode PAL and then give the order. Dual work turns:)

And if I need to give the video on TV? We have a TV takes only PAL.
It's me, you must first transcode PAL and then give the order. Dual work turns:)
Yes but you are dealing with the output of the GoPro to the Solo, not to a TV.

The camera itself is a switch in the menu, NTSC or PAL

The camera itself is a switch in the menu, NTSC or PAL
Yes it does. But that switch concerns what comes out on the HDMI port. If you were to connect the GoPro directly to the HDMI in on a PAL TV, you would choose PAL. In this case though, you are connecting to the Solo for viewing etc. on a tablet, via Sololink. It wants NTSC. When you deal with the actual recording (GP Studio, Premiere, etc.) you can choose whatever output you want.

I think the guys from 3DR soon learn to work in SOLO PAL

I think the guys from 3DR soon learn to work in SOLO PAL
Heard that also, but the only impact would be if you wanted to output HDMI directly from the controller to a PAL TV. It really doesn't make a difference other than that. When you output video from software you have to choose the format anyway so what difference does it make before that?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado