Not saving to camera roll

Reaction score
Not a major deal by any means. Been doing some bench testing with my solo (keeping my fix going until I'm able to get out and fly). Everything is up to date (GoPro, App, and solo firmware). I've noticed while filming video, it sometimes saves to camera roll (have tried all video resolutions) and never saves to camera roll with photos. I have save to camera roll selected in both the settings area and when changing setting in camera settings.

Just curious if it's just me or the firmware?

Not a major deal by any means. Been doing some bench testing with my solo (keeping my fix going until I'm able to get out and fly). Everything is up to date (GoPro, App, and solo firmware). I've noticed while filming video, it sometimes saves to camera roll (have tried all video resolutions) and never saves to camera roll with photos. I have save to camera roll selected in both the settings area and when changing setting in camera settings.

Just curious if it's just me or the firmware?
Other members are reporting all kinds of variations of that same problem.
I haven't heard of any fix so I would call 3DR support at their toll-free number and by-pass emailing. They are really busy right now.

I'm at work. Will mess around with it when I get home. Just posted here to find out if it is working for others. Which means it should work for mine. So I will check permissions on my iPad mini. Make sure those are correct. If that doesn't solve it, then I'll delete and re install the app.

Also will check my Samsung tab 4. I have the beta version of te solo app. Will see if it works there.

If I can't get it, then I'll give tech support a call. I'm not overly worried about it. But would like the ability to review a shot, to make sure I got it, if I'm going for something specific.

Yes, it is working for others. I use an iPad mini 3 and usually have no problems, but occasionally something doesn't record to the iPad. I'm not too concerned as long as the GoPro records.

Ok had a little bit of time for some more bench testing. Still can't get it to save to my camera roll on my iPad. I did however spent some time messing with the Samsung tab 4. Using the beta version of the solo app, I was successful in saving video to the camera roll (or whatever it's called on android). But still no still photos. Again, not overly worried, but know now if I need the mailman something where I might have to review on the spot, I'll use the Samsung.

On a side note I noticed the iPad has a little less latency then the Samsung. But I don't feel either is an issue. Now if I had to fly fpv only through a tight space, not sure I'd be comfortable doing it with even a tad of delay. But that's not why I bought solo, so no worries there.

I have the same problem, it only records to my iPad mini 3 if my FPS is below 30, been speaking with 3DR for a while regarding this.

HTH

Reactions: Maddog

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
massonskyi