Recording / saving to camera roll

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hi all,

Has anyone else experienced a sudden lose of this feature since the app update around 11th or 12th of this month? V1.3 came out yesterday but approx 1 week before that the solo app had an update to 1.2 or something like that.

basically on the 12th I was flying and all was well and my footage was being saved direct to camera roll... that night a software update came out which I updated too, then since then I've lost the ability to save footage to camera roll.... anyone else had this?

I've raised a ticket, I've been talking to 3DR since last Monday about this, they recommended re-installing the app, making sure access to photos is on in 3DR app settings is on, FVP settings have record to camera roll on, try a different iOS device, make sure ios device running latest software, try a full reset on iOS device, make sure goPro has latest software.. all of which is correct, up to date and enabled.

I was told the latest v1.3 update would correct this.... but still nothing, I even tried unistalling the gimbal and reconnecting it again, but nothing....this morning I did a factory reset of Solo and re-paired the controller which again did nothing

I'm just stuggling to see what could have changed over night apart from the software version.

I don't yet own a solo, but what your saying is, it records just fine to your GoPro internal sd card, but not to your camera roll on your iOS device?

The question that comes to mind. Is there space on your iOS device? How much film are you saving on it and any chance you are close to full? Maybe it's just not saving because no room.

I don't yet own a solo, but what your saying is, it records just fine to your GoPro internal sd card, but not to your camera roll on your iOS device?

Hi thanks for your reply, yes it records to go GoPro fine, no problem there, I have approx 45gb free on my iPad mini 3

The question that comes to mind. Is there space on your iOS device? How much film are you saving on it and any chance you are close to full? Maybe it's just not saving because no room.

Mine is doing the same, seems to work on 1080 24fps but any higher it won't save to my iPad. I've also got a problem with my hero 4 black not charging anymore I did talk to support just got a email back and I have to call them again they think it's normal...I will let you know what they say

Mine is doing the same, seems to work on 1080 24fps but any higher it won't save to my iPad. I've also got a problem with my hero 4 black not charging anymore I did talk to support just got a email back and I have to call them again they think it's normal...I will let you know what they say
That's interesting, thanks very much, come to think of it I couldn't see a red light indicating solo was charging my GoPro either.. Mmmmm I'll have to check that out

Support confirmed on the new firmware they disabled charging of GoPro. So back to making sure your GoPro batteries are charged. Would have been nice if its an option.
Multiple people have reported on 1.3 save to camera roll not working. That's the first I've heard it does work below a certain resolution.
Maybe it's a bug and they no longer auto record to camera roll at 720p regardless of your video setting. Note on iOS 1.3 there is also a new indicator light above the record button in the main view that tells you if save to camera roll is on or not. We could try triggering that despite the setting and also confirm it works on lower res from multiple people and let 3dr know

On mine It will record to my iPad mini 2 in 2.7k 24fps but not at 2.7k 60fps

I’m having this problem of not saving to camera roll and I am unable to stop recording via app; the only way out is closing the app and no save. Any news on this yet?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc