Noobie who actually "perused" the manual and these forums!

Reaction score
Website
www.biztechrx.com
I've been looking at upgrading to a "Real" Quadcopter for some time. I started flying a couple of years ago with a Hubsan X4, then a Parrot AR.Done, sold that, got a Yuneec Breeze and then....

BestBuy had "Deal of the Century" [ :) ] on a 3DR Solo Package and I am now the proud owner of a freaking awesome flying machine. I knew about Geofences, Return to Home Altitudes, etc. and did a lot of research before buying this Quad. I flew this weekend rather low and slow. I flew with my old Garmin Virb and no Gimbal and got a Refurbished Hero4 GoPro (direct from from GoPro) that arrived today along with my Gimbal.

Being conservative, I mounted it with the Static Mount and took it up to 150 ft today. I'll mount the Gimbal on a "rainy day." soon. I live about a mile from the Hershey Medical Center in Hershey, PA and they have their "Life Lion" (Penn State's Medical School) Helicopter based beside the Hospital, so I need to call before I fly at home. They were glad I called and had no issues with me flying, so long as I let them know there is local traffic at low altitude nearby. Good, polite communication helps everyone and our sport/hobby. Anyway... since this is the spot for introductions - Hello! and oh yeah....

I LOVE THIS 3DR SOLO!

I just may have to pick up a spare at B&H Photo for $259?

3DR with GoPro.jpg

That's how it's done, folks! Bravo, FlyXlsa! RTFM and conscientiousness? A rare find...

Reactions: FlyXlsa

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo