Non line of sight monitoring

Reaction score
Since our drones are getting smarter and smarter and can keep themselves aloft in 20mph winds I was thinking about the feasibility of being able to monitor and stream video using something like cellphone radios or some other non line of sight technology. With Tower we have the ability to tell our solos to fly out way beyond the controllers reach by changing a parameter so it doesn't return home on signal loss but it would be great to see thru the solo at that range. Even if it wasn't entirely lag free I think it would be great to have that ability. Getting closer and closer to my dream of owning a spy drone.
So does anything exist today that would allow this to be possible? I suppose I could strap an iPhone on the solo and make a FaceTime call to another phone before takeoff. Maybe I'm missing something but I think this shouldn't be too hard to do. Like I said the video wouldn't need to be 100% real time and it wouldn't really be to control the shot or the drone from afar tho that would definitely be a welcomed feature. This wouldn't be used to invade people's privacy. My vision is having the ability to remotely monitor a location from the air during a crisis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Adimuzio513
actually, Mobile ph. Idea isn't a bad one. First get unlimited data plan from provider, this way you be SHOCKED with billing, then attach mobile "Lightest with Video capability" Then set auto answer with facetime or other video app " battery life on mobile shouldn't be an issue, UAVs battery will need replacing way before mobiles.

Reactions: Adimuzio513
i believe flytrex will likely be the ones to develop such, they already have a drone that you can send and hand off to the next person via text

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44