No video

Reaction score
I have a GoPro 3+ Black with a Relish ribbon hdmi. iPad Air for monitor. The gimble works fine and you can change camera settings on the iPad. GoPro will record video and stills. But no video. You can bring up the menus for the special programs, orbit, selfie, follow etc. But no live video. Help appreciated.

Reactions: Coastwise
I believe the last update for the 3+Black is 3.03. There will be no further updates for the 3+Black from GoPro since they consider the camera too old.
I have a GoPro 3+ Black with a Relish ribbon hdmi. iPad Air for monitor. The gimble works fine and you can change camera settings on the iPad. GoPro will record video and stills. But no video. You can bring up the menus for the special programs, orbit, selfie, follow etc. But no live video. Help appreciated.
Welcome, Dougneal. When you power up your Solo, make sure you have a green light in the back of the gimbal. If that checks out, try to remove the camera battery while powered up (out of the gimbal, of course), and then put the battery back in and try it again. You might also try removing the battery from the controller while powered up, then wait about 15 secs. and put it back in, and try it again. These steps helped me with no video on my 3+Black when I first started out. Also, be sure you have your correct camera model checked in the app menu. Good luck, and I hope this helps.

Just another quick note, I use an iPad mini 2 with a H4B in the gimbal. Sometimes I get no video, but if I close the Solo app and restart the video feed is fine. I think this happens with the app is started before the Solo controller and drone up and running.

So just double click the home button, swipe the Solo app to close, and restart the Solo app.

Be safe and happy landings.......

Thanks to all. My video issue was the Relish 3D ribbon cable. This was the 2nd one. I guess I am not careful enough on the install. They have both worked fine when first installed. After 6 or so flights they go intermittent and finally fail. Has anyone else had this problem?

I had to same problem after a few flights with the Relish cable, on closer inspection, the connect on the main board was not a tight fit, so I refitted the cable but used a little hot glue on the main board to secure the hdmi connection. For the last few months no more problems with the video feed.

Hope this helps.....

If I understand Anthony correctly you would put the hot glue between the board and the female connection on the board itself. Some also say to gently compress the female side of the plug on the flat side. I am not sure if I am interpreting this correctly? Should any adhesive be applied between the male and female connections?

The HDMI connection on the main board is not solid. I also tried compressing the female connector on the main board (be careful as this is very delicate).
After the HDMI cable is connected into the female main board, I put a small strip of hot glue on the top of the male & female connectors, ensuring that the male & female connection will not move apart.

Hope this helps.........

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44