No Map on Map view

Reaction score
Good morning guys, going to try the stick calibration later to see if that helps my lost connection issue. I noticed when I go to map view to start orbit the screen on the right just shows a grey screen now map at all. Am I missing a setting to show the map data? Thanks .. Want to give it 100% before I return this bird ...

I think I just figured it out, it says in the manual u need to have a device with active cellular connection to show the maps! I was using my nexus 7 no cellular ... I'll try it again today with my iPhone see what happens ...

I think I just figured it out, it says in the manual u need to have a device with active cellular connection to show the maps! I was using my nexus 7 no cellular ... I'll try it again today with my iPhone see what happens ...
You don't really need cellular though. While you are connected to the Internet you can download the map area you need and it will save it to the device. Then you will have it available in the field.

Can someone point me in the right direction to download the maps to my Nexus 7 which does not have cellular. Is this a one time download or does it need to be done each time?

Can someone point me in the right direction to download the maps to my Nexus 7 which does not have cellular. Is this a one time download or does it need to be done each time?

1) Connect to WiFi with internet (at home)
2) Open Solo App
3) Click Fly
4) Swipe Screen (from right to left)
5) Map Shows up? If Yes - navigate to where you want to fly and then click the download arrow which is centered on the right side of the screen. If No - smash tablet on the ground.
6) Click the bar at the bottom of the screen to save the map.

Note: There may be an additional bar on top of the bar you need to click to save the map. Make sure you can see the statement that says something along the lines of: "Pan and Zoom, yada yada yada."

I'm not sure if Rich made a video or not.

I saw that video and it's great but it will only download a specific area, I guess u have to know where you are going to fly before you download the mp of that particular area. Thank you, I'll either pick up an iPhone 6 plus or see if I can pick up a nexus 7 tab with cell connection. Thanks guys

Yes that's right. You need to know where you are flying in advance. In my case I usually just pull out my Verizon cell, click on the hotspot icon and connect the tablet to the phone and cache my map.

Unfortunately 3DR chose a WiFi connection from device to controller instead of USB like the P3. So the WiFi is tied up on the Solo and you cant use both.

With the P3 you can hotspot off your phone while connected to the P3 controller with USB.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421