no live view for hero3+ with gimbal

Reaction score
I got my gimbal today for solo. When I try to connect my hero3+ silver to gimbal, it tells me I need to update camera. I did update camera and still have no live feed. Any ideas?

Reactions: Motoguy199
I got my gimbal today for solo. When I try to connect my hero3+ silver to gimbal, it tells me I need to update camera. I did update camera and still have no live feed. Any ideas?
Positive update "took"? GoPros can be finicky this way. Might try updating mannually. Other than that, call 3DR.

Latest HERO3+ Release:

HERO3+ Black Edition v03.03 | September 2, 2015

HERO3+ Silver Edition v03.02 | September 2, 2015

Reactions: Earldgrayjr
Got contacted by 3dr today. They are working on new update for solo to be compatible with gopro hero3+ silver. They said it will be out soon.

My dad picked up his gimbal yesterday @ Best Buy. Waited all this time to get a gimbal, now he can't even use it because he has a Hero3+ Silver. According to 3DR's website, it 'was' compatible. That's why he bought it. Now, that doesn't seem to be the case at all.

#FAIL

Last edited:
I read on the forum that the latest update for the gopro 3+ hero silver causes the gopro not to be enabled for live view. I updated my gopro and I cannot get live view on my gimbal. My camera freezes. Does anybody have live view on gopro hero3+ silver with gimbal? It works without gimbal.

You need to downgrade your Hero3+ Silver firmware back to version 2.0. Live view works on that version with the gimbal.

So I have a gopro 3+ black and now with the update I can not view live video. I get horizontal lines that move when I wiggle the gimbal. Everything works fine in picture mode. This sucks. Seems like a wiring issue but I chacked all connections. WTF

You need to downgrade your Hero3+ Silver firmware back to version 2.0. Live view works on that version with the gimbal.
I got hero4 black camera and everything works fine. Thanks for advice on version 2.0. I really need to control the camera from the ground. I filmed today in 2k medium, and the footage is amazing.

How do I down grade?
My Hero3+ Silver keeps beeping and cycling after updating. I see live feed and camera keeps connecting and disconnecting.
I was able to see live feed before updating but was not able to take pictures through Solo app.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M